Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-03-2017, 10:39 PM   #121
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
@Purple Lady. So, as I understand it, you have now come out $300 ahead. Charged for both phones, refunded for both phones and now given a $300 credit? If so, as JSWolf said, congratulations.

If this is the case congratulations also to Amazon, who messed things up very badly but have compensated the customer very generously indeed. Once again, it appears that as a general rule at least emailing Jeff produces results. Though I note that so far as i am aware Paul is yet to receive a proper response to his email to Jeff seeking to clarify Amazon's policy on terminated accounts.

Last edited by darryl; 08-03-2017 at 10:42 PM.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:46 PM   #122
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
@Purple Lady. So, as I understand it, you have now come out $300 ahead. Charged for both phones, refunded for both phones and now given a $300 credit? If so, as JSWolf said, congratulations.

If this is the case congratulations also to Amazon, who messed things up very badly but have compensated the customer very generously indeed.
Yep. I don't think they wanted to lose me as a customer. I have had 101 orders the past six months!

The email said that if I decided to buy the phone again that the gift card would cover the cost difference between what I paid and the current price, as well as a little extra for my inconvenience. But I won't buy at the current price.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2017, 10:53 PM   #123
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Yep. I don't think they wanted to lose me as a customer. I have had 101 orders the past six months!

The email said that if I decided to buy the phone again that the gift card would cover the cost difference between what I paid and the current price, as well as a little extra for my inconvenience. But I won't buy at the current price.
Good for you! Black Friday isn't that far off. Though you haven't been given any reason to be confident that the right phone would arrive next time.
Old 08-03-2017, 11:34 PM   #124
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
Good for you! Black Friday isn't that far off. Though you haven't been given any reason to be confident that the right phone would arrive next time.
That $300 will be long gone by then, even if I don't decide to buy the phone.

The email did tell me that they corrected the problem so I would get the right phone if I buy it.
Old 08-04-2017, 01:03 AM   #125
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Good news! Yes, Amazon messed up badly

(1) Labelling the product wrong
(2) Sending the wrong phone again
(3) charging you for the replacement phone
(4) refunding your original purchase
(5) not making an exception and getting you the phone at the original price anyway
(6) Having customer service mess you around several times

But a $300 credit goes a long way, I expect, to making up for their failures. And is a good way for them to acknowledge that they messed up, not you.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2017, 01:38 AM   #126
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Good news! Yes, Amazon messed up badly

(1) Labelling the product wrong
(2) Sending the wrong phone again
(3) charging you for the replacement phone
(4) refunding your original purchase
(5) not making an exception and getting you the phone at the original price anyway
(6) Having customer service mess you around several times

But a $300 credit goes a long way, I expect, to making up for their failures. And is a good way for them to acknowledge that they messed up, not you.
Yep they made a Lot of mistakes.... tho I expected her complains to fall on deaf ears.
Congrats PL

BTW Paul did you ever hear back from the e-mails you sent [about closed accounts & what happens to the e-books movies etc]??? This thread reminded me of it
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 03:10 AM   #127
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
BTW Paul did you ever hear back from the e-mails you sent [about closed accounts & what happens to the e-books movies etc]??? This thread reminded me of it
I got several promises of replies, but no actual reply. Perhaps I should try again.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 04:09 AM   #128
darryl
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I got several promises of replies, but no actual reply. Perhaps I should try again.
Paul. Surely you have taken the hint by now! Amazon is great for a lot of things but seemingly has no intention whatsoever of committing itself on this one. The only failure I know of emailing Jeff. Best of luck.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:30 AM   #129
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
That $300 will be long gone by then, even if I don't decide to buy the phone.

The email did tell me that they corrected the problem so I would get the right phone if I buy it.
Good outcome. They messed up, and held up their hands and admitted they did. Amazon don't always get things right, but when they do mess up, they generally do apologise in an appropriate manner (ie with a credit).
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 04:47 AM   #130
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
$300 That's amazing compensation. I can't think of any other company that would do that. You can get your year of Prime now. $300 Wow!!!

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 05:57 AM   #131
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Take a look at this thread. This is a case of Amazon not wanting to close a bogus account.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=289269
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 01:22 PM   #132
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

I think one reason my problems got attention so quickly is because of the subject of my email - "Customer service refuses to give me the phone I ordered".

The difference in price between what I paid and the current price is $233, so if I was going to buy it that makes the compensation only $67. But they gave it as a gift card, so if I don't buy the phone then the compensation is $300 which is a lot.

I only bought the phone because of the price. LG only recently allowed the bootloader on the G6 to be unlocked, so this looked like a good deal. There are problems with every phone I want. The Galaxy s8 has still not been rooted, the Oneplus 5 has a jelly effect on the screen, and the Moto Z2 Force that just came out is overpriced. Maybe the new Pixel phones will be better this year.
Old 08-04-2017, 01:42 PM   #133
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Take a look at this thread. This is a case of Amazon not wanting to close a bogus account.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=289269
That would be me!

Quote:
I think one reason my problems got attention so quickly is because of the subject of my email - "Customer service refuses to give me the phone I ordered".
I haven't read this whole thread so pardon me for asking but who did you send an email to? I've tried the jeff@ address yesterday and haven't received a reply (does he ever *really* reply?!?).
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 01:52 PM   #134
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
That would be me!

I haven't read this whole thread so pardon me for asking but who did you send an email to? I've tried the jeff@ address yesterday and haven't received a reply (does he ever *really* reply?!?).
I sent it to the jeff @ Amazon address. I guess getting a reply depends on how serious your problem is.

It wasn't Bezos who replied, but here's the first paragraph in the reply:

My name is *** of Amazon.com’s Executive Customer Relations. Jeff Bezos received your email and I'm responding on his behalf.
Old 08-04-2017, 05:10 PM   #135
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
I sent it to the jeff @ Amazon address. I guess getting a reply depends on how serious your problem is.

It wasn't Bezos who replied, but here's the first paragraph in the reply:

My name is *** of Amazon.com’s Executive Customer Relations. Jeff Bezos received your email and I'm responding on his behalf.
I work for a big company. Complaints to the CEO aren't answered by him, but there is a dedicated group specifically for answering those emails so they get handled right (ideally, the first time without back and forth).
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote