Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-29-2017, 08:14 AM   #1
Suffolk Punch
Connoisseur
Suffolk Punch can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Suffolk Punch can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Suffolk Punch can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Suffolk Punch can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Suffolk Punch can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Suffolk Punch can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Suffolk Punch can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Suffolk Punch can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Suffolk Punch can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Suffolk Punch can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Suffolk Punch can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS T1, Kindle 4 NT, Kobo Touch, Kobo Clara HD
Can series-number metadata be a number range?

Have just bought episodes 1-3 of Ryk Brown's Frontiers Saga, and the 3 episodes come as a single ebook. So my question is: Can I somehow set the book's metadata to be series: 'The Frontiers Saga', number in series: '01-03'?

I do hope this is possible!
Suffolk Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 09:05 AM   #2
Suffolk Punch
Connoisseur
Suffolk Punch can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Suffolk Punch can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Suffolk Punch can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Suffolk Punch can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Suffolk Punch can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Suffolk Punch can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Suffolk Punch can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Suffolk Punch can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Suffolk Punch can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Suffolk Punch can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Suffolk Punch can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffolk Punch View Post
Have just bought episodes 1-3 of Ryk Brown's Frontiers Saga, and the 3 episodes come as a single ebook. So my question is: Can I somehow set the book's metadata to be series: 'The Frontiers Saga', number in series: '01-03'?

To answer myself: the EpubSplit Calibre plugin provides a simple and quick way to generate 3 epubs (one for each of the first 3 episodes) from the original 'omnibus' epub.
Advert
Old 04-29-2017, 11:57 AM   #3
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:

I don't run into this very often, but when I do I enter the series number as "01.3". That doesn't prevent another 01 or 02 or 03 entry should I later choose to split the omnibus into separate books.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 12:36 PM   #4
Suffolk Punch
Connoisseur

Thanks. I can't persuade Calibre to accept 01.03. It changes it to 1.03 - which would be ok except the series is arranged into part1 (episodes 1 - 15) followed by part 2 (episodes 1 - ??)! I guess a simple bodge would be to append the part number (1,2 etc) on the end of the series title (The Frontiers Saga): The Frontiers Saga part 'n', and then run epubsplit to divide-up the omnibus ebooks?
Old 04-29-2017, 01:53 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Thanks. I can't persuade Calibre to accept 01.03. It changes it to 1.03 - which would be ok except the series is arranged into part1 (episodes 1 - 15) followed by part 2 (episodes 1 - ??)! I guess a simple bodge would be to append the part number (1,2 etc) on the end of the series title (The Frontiers Saga): The Frontiers Saga part 'n', and then run epubsplit to divide-up the omnibus ebooks?
It's a number so leading 0's are meaningless to the sort (in calibre)

For devices, check out the template example on the device configuration form.
when sending as a filename, it converts that number to text (an there is a format example to pad leading 0's if needed. the same format works in the Plugboard.)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert