Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 03-19-2017, 07:54 PM   #1
jeheme
jeheme began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
[iOS] Grouping drawer - can't add custom column sort

Hi,

I want to be able to use Virtual Libraries in CC. I have tried unsuccessfully to find the answer to my problem on the forums or the FAQ, so wonder if anyone can help me.

As explained here http://cc_faq.multipie.co.uk/index.p...light=virtual+ I have created a custom column 'Virtual Libraries' in calibre, so I can see this info in CC, however when I go to 'Grouping Drawer Settings -> Group/sort on custom columns' in CC I cannot see the custom column I have created. How can I make my custom column show in the settings?

Thanks for an otherwise great app!
Jess
jeheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 04:33 AM   #2
Steve_Haley
CC iOS Developer
Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Variety phones/tablets
Hi Jess, you can fix this by connecting as a 'wireless device', then disconnecting again. Part of the synchronisation process will add the right data to the menu. Once you have then chosen what you want in the menu, connect again, and it will pull across the right info for each book.
Steve_Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2017, 11:35 AM   #3
Steve_Haley
CC iOS Developer
Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.

Quick follow up: you might be using a different custom column type to what I was thinking. The iOS app supports tags-like columns and grouping on individual fields, but I don't think it supports composite columns. It's been a while since I worked on that part, so my memory is a bit hazy...
Old 03-29-2017, 04:29 PM   #4
jeheme
jeheme began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Thanks for the reply, and sorry I have been slow to respond. The column is a 'column built from other columns, behaves like tags'. I'm sorry, I don't know if this is what you mean by a composite column?

I have connected and disconnected several times since creating the column in calibre, as well as restarting calibre. Not sure if that allows you suggest anything further...?
jeheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:52 AM   #5
Steve_Haley
CC iOS Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheme View Post
Thanks for the reply, and sorry I have been slow to respond. The column is a 'column built from other columns, behaves like tags'. I'm sorry, I don't know if this is what you mean by a composite column?

I have connected and disconnected several times since creating the column in calibre, as well as restarting calibre. Not sure if that allows you suggest anything further...?
Sorry, I just realised I hadn't replied to this. A column built from other columns is unfortunately a composite column. You can still get most of the desired functionality from the supported types though. I'm guessing you've already tried that by now, considering the delay in replying!
Advert