Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-23-2008, 09:44 PM   #1
sputnik
Enthusiast
sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: EB 1150, iLiad
putting your files on the iLiad

So far I have used the old-fashioned method of putting files on the iLiad. Whenever I wanted to read something I would remove the CF card out of my iLiad, plug it into my computer, paste the files on it, and then plug it back into the iLiad.

This method is pretty reliable, but it has the disadvantage that I have to do the operations mentioned above several times a day.

I would like to be able to sync some folder on my computer with the content of the CF card. It seems that the iLiad Companion cannot handle CF card - it works only with iLiad's internal memory (somebody correct me if I'm wrong).

So now I'm trying to figure out a way to do this. Some people on the forum mention wireless syncing to PC, but I don't know how to do it. Instructions would be greatly appreciated.
sputnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:11 AM   #2
engunneer
engunneer began at the beginning.

Device: iRex Iliad
If you are running the latest iLiad software (no reason not to), then the iliad options menu has a setting (on page 3 or 4, i think) that tells the iliad which memory to share via USB. By default it is internal memory, but it can be set to MMC, USB, or CF.
engunneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2008, 01:34 AM   #3
sputnik
Enthusiast
sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

I think that you are referring to the possibility of choosing which memory (internal, mmc, usb stick, cf card) to be exported via USB connection. If I choose CF card then the iLiad Companion software will copy the content of my CF card in a backup folder on my PC. So the *export* works. However, I cannot make the iLiad "suck" files from the Outbox folder on my PC and place them on the CF card inside it. I can do this for files whose destination is iLiad's internal memory (I just place the files in Outbox/Documents on my PC).

So how can I get the iLiad's CF card to sync with my PC? Is this possible with the iLiad Companion? If yes, then in which folder should I place the files (any folder other than outbox)?

Last edited by sputnik; 08-24-2008 at 01:57 AM.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:25 AM   #4
Max
Connoisseur
Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iLiad, DR1000s
If you have Iliad Companion Software open (and the iliad connected ), you can access to the iliad via My PC. There you will find an USB Device, this device is the memory of the Iliad. You can then copy/paste the files directly to the memory.

I use this method to load files to the iliad so I have no idea why you can't do this with the Iliad Companion Software .
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 08:56 PM   #5
timezone
Addict
timezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheese

Device: Windows Phone7, Kindle Fire
You might want to try allwaysync http://allwaysync.com/ I was introduced to this free software tool for another purpose but it may fit your needs. One thing that is really nice about this product, it has a usb version. A small program you can add to a usb drive and then use the usb drive as a place to resolve sync issues across different PC's, etc. It can also access network drives.
timezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2008, 09:28 PM   #6
sputnik
Enthusiast

Thanks, timezone. I discovered allwaysync on my own and I have to say it's a great program, it works like a charm.