Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-11-2016, 05:51 PM   #1
Hmonnier
Hmonnier began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Always on top

I have no idea what I did, but now Calibre is always on top, and I cannot figure out how to make it respond like it used to. For example going to another frame that is in the background. It always stays on top masking out the other frame.....
Thanks.....
Henri
Hmonnier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 06:33 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmonnier View Post
I have no idea what I did, but now Calibre is always on top, and I cannot figure out how to make it respond like it used to. For example going to another frame that is in the background. It always stays on top masking out the other frame.....
You've probably managed to hide a modal dialogue or something, try task switching to calibre - in Windows you use Alt+Tab to do that, with luck the modal dialogue will pop out.

Otherwise just kill calibre, and start it again - it's very forgiving.

If it's happening even after a restart it may be due to multiple monitors (screens), have you ever run calibre on a second screen .

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 11-11-2016 at 06:42 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2016, 09:57 AM   #3
Hmonnier
Hmonnier began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I do have multiple screens, but to the best of my knowledge never run Calibre from there. Since I posted the query I have tried, it seems like a gazillion, things. It has been corrected, and the last thing I did was to shut down completely, then restart with a cold boot. Now all is OK... Seems funny that there is no property for this...
Thank You, Henri
Hmonnier is offline   Reply With Quote