Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-20-2016, 08:39 AM   #1
Mikemk
Mikemk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 2011 & KT 2017
Arrow Cover view?

I have gotten a kindle touch (b011) on firmware 5.1.1
The only hack I want is enabling cover view. I also want folder support, but I think the kindle already has a way to do that.

What do you suggest?
Mikemk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 08:48 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
What is your question?

Include what you mean by "folder support".
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2016, 09:38 AM   #3
Mikemk

My question is what's suggested to enable viewing covers in the menu instead of a list of titles.
Old 08-20-2016, 10:11 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemk View Post
My question is what's suggested to enable viewing covers in the menu instead of a list of titles.
Just select that setting.
Old 08-20-2016, 12:24 PM   #5
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
I suggest you tap on the menu. It is the square with 3 bars. Then I suggest you touch Cover View.
That should do the trick.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2016, 03:11 PM   #6
Mikemk

There is no cover view option in the menu. And the menu isn't a square with three bars, it's a button with MENU written on it.
Old 08-20-2016, 03:26 PM   #7
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
There is no cover view option in the menu. And the menu isn't a square with three bars, it's a button with MENU written on it.
Please post the first 6 digits of the serial number.
You said a kindle touch with the 4 bars at the bottom.
I just looked at my kindle touch with the same number as yours.
Mine has only the home button and nothing that says menu.
Did you mean a physical button?
So please post a picture of your screen.

I am looking at the physical kindle you said you owned.
Just tripled checked that.
Oh and if it is the one you said, your firmware is a bit behind.

If it is the one with the buttons you are stuck with list view.

Last edited by Cinisajoy; 08-20-2016 at 03:36 PM.
Old 08-20-2016, 03:47 PM   #8
Mikemk

I can't post a screenshot, I'm driving through Arizona, can't get a good enough signal.
B011 14, it has the for bars on the bottom as a home button.
On the top is a black bar with the device name and time.
Below that, a bar with a left arrow, shopping cart, search bar, and menu.
The menu options are:
Turn on wireless, Shop in Kindle Store, View Archived Items, View Special Offers, Create New Collection, Sync and Check for Items, Sort By... > {Recent, Title, Author, Collections}, Settings, Experimental
There are no options in settings or experimental to enable cover view.
Below that is my items, recent, and a page number.
Next is the list of books, followed by an ad.
Old 08-20-2016, 03:52 PM   #9
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
I can't post a screenshot, I'm driving through Arizona, can't get a good enough signal.
B011 14, it has the for bars on the bottom as a home button.
On the top is a black bar with the device name and time.
Below that, a bar with a left arrow, shopping cart, search bar, and menu.
The menu options are:
Turn on wireless, Shop in Kindle Store, View Archived Items, View Special Offers, Create New Collection, Sync and Check for Items, Sort By... > {Recent, Title, Author, Collections}, Settings, Experimental
There are no options in settings or experimental to enable cover view.
Below that is my items, recent, and a page number.
Next is the list of books, followed by an ad.
Ok same exact one.
My menu options:
Turn on wireless, shop kindle store, View special offers, Cover View, Create New Collection, Sync and Check for new items, settings, experimental.

Hold on. I have an idea. Never mind, cloud|device didn't make a difference.
On the next line:
Do you see cloud|device Books or All items (301) Recent?

Look under settings, it may be there.

Last edited by Cinisajoy; 08-20-2016 at 03:57 PM.
Old 08-20-2016, 03:58 PM   #10
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Oh and Mike, little secret. Cover view isn't that great. It is almost impossible to read most titles.
Old 08-20-2016, 04:03 PM   #11
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Also your kindle needs updated.
Mine updated to 5.3.7.3
Old 08-20-2016, 04:19 PM   #12
Mikemk

Cover view works on the latest firmware? You don't have any hacks installed to enable it?
I don't see cloud|device, but I see My Items (1722) Recent
Old 08-20-2016, 04:41 PM   #13
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

I have never done anything to my kindles.

Can I ask where you got your kindle and was it new or used?
And I have always had list/cover view.
Old 08-20-2016, 05:08 PM   #14
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I have gotten a kindle touch (b011) on firmware 5.1.1
The only hack I want is enabling cover view. I also want folder support, but I think the kindle already has a way to do that.

What do you suggest?
Again, what do you mean by "folder support"?

Please update the "Device: " in your info box, a KT != 'paperwhite 3rd generation'.
Old 08-20-2016, 05:19 PM   #15
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Mike: what country did you buy the kindle in?