Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-21-2016, 06:23 AM   #1
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
"PC Upload" feature of Bookmaster

How would you transfer books from PC to your iPad/iPhone ereader? Some common methods:

1. Connect the USB cable and open iTunes. Then drag the books to the app's Documents area and import.

2. Transfer the books to Dropbox (or other clouds) and have your app download them from there.

3. Import your books into Calibre and start the Content Server. Then access your books through the app's web or OPDS browser.

An ebook reader app usually supports some (or all) of the above. However, each method has its shortcomings.

Bookmaster has an extra feature called "PC Upload". Once you put the app in "PC Upload" mode, open the browser on your PC. Type in the provided URL address, then you can drag & drop books to the browser. Your books will get transferred to the app over WiFi. Simple and fast. I can even send books from my Andriod devices to my iPad this way!

"PC Upload" is a very neat and useful feature. I would love to see other ereader developers follow suit.
cedhax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 06:55 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
What's Bookmaster?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2016, 11:59 AM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
What's Bookmaster?
A search of our wiki revealed: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id860169741?mt=8

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 03:19 PM   #4
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
A search of our wiki revealed: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id860169741?mt=8

Dale
Take a look at their website: http://www.maplepop.com
You'll find more detailed descriptions and screenshots there than the App Store page.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:59 PM   #5
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
I've got to admit that it did make it very easy to upload my library to my iPad - of course, there might be a better way that I missed, but this did work well.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2016, 09:32 AM   #6
cedhax
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
I've got to admit that it did make it very easy to upload my library to my iPad - of course, there might be a better way that I missed, but this did work well.
I just want to see if anybody else knows about anything similar to PC Upload in other reader apps.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:35 AM   #7
sbaylor
Addict
sbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: iPad, iPad mini, iPhone
PC Upload tutorial with illustrations

FYI, there is now a little tutorial about the PC Upload feature of BookMaster:
How to import books via PC Upload?

Moreover, it works well with calibre too, in the sense that you can treat calibre's content library view like a desktop folder as the source of drag-and-drop:
My books are already in Calibre. How can I leverage PC Upload?
sbaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:42 PM   #8
cedhax
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbaylor View Post
FYI, there is now a little tutorial about the PC Upload feature of BookMaster:
How to import books via PC Upload?

Moreover, it works well with calibre too, in the sense that you can treat calibre's content library view like a desktop folder as the source of drag-and-drop:
My books are already in Calibre. How can I leverage PC Upload?
Thanks for the nice tutorial.

Although I have quite naturally figured out how to use PC Upload myself, I had never thought about the calibre to PC Upload "trick" until I saw the second tutorial. Cool!