Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-26-2015, 04:40 PM   #1
dkperez
Groupie
dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nine
After Upgrade to Android 6, Nexus 9 NOT SEEN BY Calibre

OK, upgrading maybe NOT a great idea... I have a Nexus 7 and a Nexus 9. THEY BOTH HAVE WORKED PERFECTLY WITH Calibre forever.....

I let the Nexus 9 upgrade to Android 6.0 the other day, and today when I connected the Nexus 9 to my Windows 10 PC and fired up Calibre, the device doesn't show up.

I use Calibre to manage e-books, and at the moment Calibre DOESN'T EVEN SEE THE DEVICE. Again, NEVER had any problems in the past.

And YES, I've rebooted the Nexus, I've rebooted the PC, I'm using the current version of Windows 10, and I'm using the current version of Calibre.
dkperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 04:49 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Why not follow the advice in the sticky thread in this forum My device is not detected https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118560
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkperez View Post
OK, upgrading maybe NOT a great idea... I have a Nexus 7 and a Nexus 9. THEY BOTH HAVE WORKED PERFECTLY WITH Calibre forever.....

I let the Nexus 9 upgrade to Android 6.0 the other day, and today when I connected the Nexus 9 to my Windows 10 PC and fired up Calibre, the device doesn't show up.

I use Calibre to manage e-books, and at the moment Calibre DOESN'T EVEN SEE THE DEVICE. Again, NEVER had any problems in the past.

And YES, I've rebooted the Nexus, I've rebooted the PC, I'm using the current version of Windows 10, and I'm using the current version of Calibre.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2015, 06:15 PM   #3
dkperez
Groupie
dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nine
You mean this one?:

My device is not detected by calibre
Follow these steps to find the problem:

Make sure that you are connecting only a single device to your computer at a time. Do not have another calibre supported device like an iPhone/iPad etc. at the same time.
Make sure you are running the latest version of calibre. The latest version can always be downloaded from the calibre website
Ensure your operating system is seeing the device. That is, the device should be mounted as a disk that you can access using Windows explorer or whatever the file management program on your computer is.
In calibre, go to Preferences->Ignored Devices and check that your device is not being ignored
In calibre, go to Preferences->Plugins->Device Interface plugin and make sure the plugin for your device is enabled, the plugin icon next to it should be green when it is enabled.
If all the above steps fail, go to Preferences->Miscellaneous and click debug device detection with your device attached and post the output in this forum

That as near as I can tell doesn't say anything about having to SET a preference so the device can now transfer files? Which I've NEVER HAD TO DO BEFORE.

In any case, after wasting a stupid amount of time rummaging around in other posts I FINALLY found enough of an explanation about what gyrations were necessary to set the thing to MTP and the PC now sees the tablet...
dkperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 06:33 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
So you did not set up YOUR DEVICE properly.

How is Calibre to know what the device OWNER needs to do to make it available to programs like Calibre?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 06:43 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkperez View Post
You mean this one?:

My device is not detected by calibre
Yes that one. And frankly IF you had taken the time to post the requested log then it would have been easy for folks to tell you to switch modes to MTP. PTP mode serves a different purpose.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert