Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 09:25 AM   #46
KaylaK
KaylaK began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Hi Pete6055,

I have tried using the Generate TOC using the button on the tool bar with 10 different epub test cases and in all cases it worked just like it was supposed to. But this is on Mac OS X. So would you please post a specific test case you know will create the crash on Windows. I will fire up my Windows VM and try to see if I can get the same epub to crash.

Thanks,

KevinH

ps. I fired up my Windows 7 32 bit VM and downloaded Sigil-0.8.900 for Windows and installed it and ran it over the same 10 books using the Generate TOC icon and never had an issue. So we will really need a test case to track this one down.
I've found on win 10 it's h3 that's causing a crash
Old 09-26-2015, 09:38 AM   #47
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi Kaylak,
Thanks for your help. We think we have found and fixed this issue in Sigil master. It was actually a combination of 3 bugs one of which had us stumped. We are going to test things a bit more to make sure.

Hopefully a new release with all of these bug fixes will be coming soon.

Thanks,

Kevin
Advert
Old 09-27-2015, 12:17 PM   #48
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Windows - Do **NOT** use Sigil-0.8.900 for any type of production work!

Hi All,

Just a head's up. Even with all of the bugs we have fixed, we still are having issues with Windows builds. Both Linux and Mac OS X can run the fixed Sigil just fine but we are seeing really strange things (happening randomly) where xhtml code is actually lost.

So do NOT use this Sigil pre-release (Sigil-0.8.900) for any type of production work on Windows as it may result in missing xhtml code under conditions we simply can not identify yet.

We'll let you know when we have some resolution to this issue and can get a fixed version out.

Thank you so very much for all of you that took the time to test and report back!

KevinH
Old 09-28-2015, 06:42 AM   #49
Clark G. Flipper
Connoisseur
Clark G. Flipper began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Sigil-0.8.900 spins when adding semantic "cover image"

Hi,

I noticed that Sigil-0.8.900 starts spinning indefinitely (on Mac, Yosemite) when trying to add the semantic "cover image" to a jpeg. It does so reproducibly.

Does anyone share this experience?

Yours,

CGF.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:13 AM   #50
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Hi,

As reported earlier in this thread. This has been fixed in master and will appear in the next release.

Thanks for your bug report.

KevinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark G. Flipper View Post
Hi,

I noticed that Sigil-0.8.900 starts spinning indefinitely (on Mac, Yosemite) when trying to add the semantic "cover image" to a jpeg. It does so reproducibly.

Does anyone share this experience?

Yours,

CGF.
Advert
Old 09-28-2015, 01:15 PM   #51
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
I am a Linux user. I had stopped using Sigil as soon as the Calibre editor was published due to recurrent nbsp problems, the lack of available binaries and the hassle of producing them.

The new goals set for Sigil 9 (Epub3) are quite interesting. I see that the new Sigil will be built using new software (using Python 3.4 - or 3.5?). But for this reason, compiling Sigil from source looks a little confusing, namely for dependencies. Could a kind soul write the recommended (or advised) procedure say for Ubuntu/Mint so as we may be able to produce a reproductible binary?

Last edited by roger64; 09-28-2015 at 01:17 PM.
Old 09-28-2015, 01:28 PM   #52
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
Could a kind soul write the recommended (or advised) procedure say for Ubuntu/Mint so as we may be able to produce a reproductible binary?
A kind soul already did.
The BuildingOnLinux.html file is in the docs folder of the source.
Old 09-28-2015, 02:36 PM   #53
CalibUser
Addict
CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.

Device: Sony
Thanks for all the time you have spent developing Sigil - it goes from strength to strength.

Plugins seem to work on this version of Sigil in Windows 7 without any problems.
Old 09-28-2015, 02:38 PM   #54
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
A kind soul already did.
The BuildingOnLinux.html file is in the docs folder of the source.
OK Thanks. I'll build it to celebrate Sigil 9
Old 09-28-2015, 03:12 PM   #55
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
OK Thanks. I'll build it to celebrate Sigil 9
Feel free to yell if you have any trouble. I tried to write it so that it wasn't so specific that it all fell apart if one needed to deviate from the gameplan a little. As such, it could be insufficient for someone who has never installed software packages via terminal with standard package management programs; or have never compiled any software on Linux. But it shouldn't be beyond anyone who's ever tossed around a "sudo apt-get install" or two--or issued a "make install."

There could be some Linux Sigil binary installers in the future (I'd like there to be, anyway), but for now, I'd like to get something that's stable before spending a lot of time creating them.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:31 PM   #56
brolny
Connoisseur
brolny began at the beginning.

Device: none
span in TOC

<h6 id="sigil_toc_id_103"><span xml:lang="hy">է</span></h6>
headers like these are empty
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	431.3 KB
ID:	142423  
Old 09-28-2015, 11:41 PM   #57
brolny
Connoisseur

PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by brolny View Post
<h6 id="sigil_toc_id_103"><span xml:lang="hy">է</span></h6>
headers like these are empty
PS
TOC on the left created in 0.8.7

Last edited by brolny; 09-28-2015 at 11:42 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 09-29-2015, 12:31 AM   #58
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Hi Brolny,

Just so we're clear ... I understand the ToC widget on the far left is from 0.8.7, and theToC generation dialog on the far right is from 0.8.900 (and not showing the characters it should be), but is the Code View we're seeing from 0.8.7 as well? I ask because it's important to know if correct characters are showing in Code View (in the spans in the h6 tags) in 0.8.900 before the ToC generation tool is started.

In short: is 0.8.900 messing up the ToC generation, or is it messing up the html that the ToC generation tool uses?

Thanks
Old 09-29-2015, 01:16 AM   #59
gipsy
Connoisseur
gipsy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
@DiapDealer The Generate ToC in 0.8.900 doesn't show any greek language characters, only empty lines (before it stuck after you press Ok).
In code view you see it as they are.
Old 09-29-2015, 02:31 AM   #60
brolny
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Just so we're clear ... I understand the ToC widget on the far left is from 0.8.7, and theToC generation dialog on the far right is from 0.8.900 (and not showing the characters it should be), but is the Code View we're seeing from 0.8.7 as well?
Yes, you are right.
Closed Thread