Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-14-2015, 03:26 PM   #76
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Immortal View Post
Hello guys!

Is there a way to make a translation for 3.19.* firmware?

Thank you!
I uploaded translate_gui_ts_3.19.5613.zip to the first post.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 06:25 PM   #77
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2016, 07:44 AM   #78
yasteora
yasteora began at the beginning.

Device: KPW3 kobo touch
yasteora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 04:35 PM   #79
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@yasteora
I am glad if this is useful to somebody. I am just curious, which language are you going to add? Please feel invited to share your translation here.
Old 02-21-2016, 09:02 PM   #80
yasteora
yasteora began at the beginning.

Device: KPW3 kobo touch
Hi tshering, I want to add Chinese to my kobo ,so I am going to study your post, if I have done it i will upload that.

Last edited by yasteora; 02-22-2016 at 12:24 AM.
yasteora is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2016, 04:01 AM   #81
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasteora View Post
Hi tshering, I want to add Chinese to my kobo ,so I am going to study your post, if I have done it i will upload that.
I guess, there are several people who would be interested in having a Chinese language interface. Therefore, it is great that you plan to share your translation.
Maybe you know it already, but I mention it nevertheless. When you power the device on, nickel uses only three fonts. And none of these fonts does support Chinese characters (apart from a subset, since one font supports Japanese). The other fonts, including your Chinese custom font, get activated only after you open a book. This means, before you open a book you can not read the captions of menus and so on. I just mention it, so that you do not get irritated when you test your translation the first time and it does not seem to work.
Old 05-01-2016, 02:35 PM   #82
pipcat
Connoisseur
pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo Hd
Tshering, many thanks for all the information you share!
I've made some python scripts to help surquizu with catalan translation and a step by step guide, but it could be used for other languages.

Python Tools for Kobo Translation

bin2qm.py => Extracts .qm streams from nickel binaries.
qm2ts.py => Converts a .qm file to a .ts file.
ts2ts.py => Matching between two .ts files to update changes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Step by step instructions to translate Kobo interface:

0- You need Python installed and Qt Linguist http://doc.qt.io/

1- Download latest Kobo Firmware (or older if you need)
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=185660

2- Extract nickel file from Kobo firmware to your Python Tools folder
nickel is found at: kobo-update-(version).zip/KoboRoot/usr/local/Kobo/nickel

3- Execute python bin2qm.py to create all .qm files (one for each language)

4- Edit qm2ts.py and write the name of the .qm file you want to convert to .ts file (bottom of code).

5- Execute python qm2ts.py to create the .ts file

6- Edit .ts file manually (it's xml) or with Qt Linguist software.

7- On Qt Linguist release to create .qm file from your modified .ts file.

8- Rename to trans_xx.qm where xx is your two char language code.

9- Pack it in a KoboRoot.tgz at /usr/local/Kobo/translations/ and install as other hacks.

If we already have a translation and we want to update it to the latest firmware, we could use ts2ts.py
- After creating .ts file on step 5,
- edit ts2ts.py script and fill 'last_ts_nickel' and 'last_ts_translation' (top of code)
- Execute ts2ts.py to create translated-xxx.ts
- Continue to step 6 with translated-xxx.ts
Attached Files
File Type: zip kobotoolstranslation.zip (3.8 KB, 569 views)
pipcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 03:27 PM   #83
tshering
Wizard

Pipcat, thank you for the scripts. I put a link to them in the first post of this thread.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:31 AM   #84
pipcat
Connoisseur
pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pipcat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo Hd
Scripts updated:
- Languages with 3 numerus (singular/undecal/plural)
- Language detection (po/br)
- Interactive script trans.py

With trans.py we can prepare translation with a single script that includes bin2qm, qm2ts and ts2ts. Example:

Code:
$ python trans.py
11 languages detected. br, de, en, es, fr, it, jp, mx, nl, po, tr
Choose a language: es
1947 strings for language es
If you have translations, enter filename (.qm or .ts): trans_ca
1932 strings found in translation, 15 not found.
Your .ts file is ready to be revised: new-trans_ca.ts
Attached Files
File Type: zip kobotoolstranslation-01.zip (6.6 KB, 353 views)
pipcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 12:44 PM   #85
satelman
satelman can extract oil from cheesesatelman can extract oil from cheesesatelman can extract oil from cheesesatelman can extract oil from cheesesatelman can extract oil from cheesesatelman can extract oil from cheesesatelman can extract oil from cheesesatelman can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by surquizu View Post
Hi, surquizu.

I have a Kobo Aura HD reader and I'm interested in translating the interface to Catalan (version 3.19.5761). My question is: may I use the files on your page for H20 (http://aurah2o.webcindario.com/subweb/Catala.html) or it would damage my ereader? If this is not possible, why not? What are the differences between the Aura HD and the Aura H20 which would make this impossible to do?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Moltes gràcies i bona feina!
satelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:43 PM   #86
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by satelman View Post
I have a Kobo Aura HD reader and I'm interested in translating the interface to Catalan (version 3.19.5761). My question is: may I use the files on your page for H20 (http://aurah2o.webcindario.com/subweb/Catala.html) or it would damage my ereader? If this is not possible, why not? What are the differences between the Aura HD and the Aura H20 which would make this impossible to do?
The Kobo device use the same code and mostly the same files in the firmware. The differences are mainly in the drivers used. The language files are the same across them all at the same firmware version. Using those files will be safe.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 11:36 AM   #87
satelman
satelman can extract oil from cheesesatelman can extract oil from cheesesatelman can extract oil from cheesesatelman can extract oil from cheesesatelman can extract oil from cheesesatelman can extract oil from cheesesatelman can extract oil from cheesesatelman can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The Kobo device use the same code and mostly the same files in the firmware. The differences are mainly in the drivers used. The language files are the same across them all at the same firmware version. Using those files will be safe.
I see. Thank you, davidfor!
satelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 02:20 PM   #88
helour
Enthusiast
helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Onyx M96, Kobo Glo HD
Slovak translation - Kobo Glo HD, firmware 3.19.5761

Hello Slovak users,

I have made slovak translation (the attached SlovakTranslation.zip file) for the actual firmware 3.19.5761

Any suggestion for the translation improvements would be appreciated.

The KoboRoot-AllInOne-sk.zip package contains file KoboRoot.tgz with:
1. Slovak translation, dictionary and hyphenation
2. Courier Prime font

The KoboRoot.tgz package has autoinstall feature (script updates database and config files). You only need to copy it to the /path/.kobo/ directory. Don't forget safely remove your eReader after successful copying.

The autoinstall script sets CurrentLocale=sk_SK and adds ExtraLocales=sk to the config file. These changes are required to set the User interface to slovak.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SlovakTranslation.zip (170.7 KB, 367 views)
File Type: zip KoboRoot-AllInOne-sk.zip (3.12 MB, 300 views)

Last edited by helour; 06-24-2017 at 08:45 AM.
helour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 03:21 PM   #89
tshering
Wizard

@helour
I added the link to the second post.
Old 12-25-2016, 04:13 PM   #90
kido.resuri
Groupie
kido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Aura H2O

This is so nice that you guys, especially tshering, made this available!
And Pipcat for the python scripts, translation is so easy with these tutorials and tools!
I'm currently translating to hungarian, when I'm finished with it, I'll post it here!

kido.resuri is offline   Reply With Quote