Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-22-2015, 11:26 AM   #1
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Fire HD without Firefly?

Are there any owners of a Fire HD that doesn't have Firefly? I've been back and forwards with Amazon's technical team and they can't explain why my Fire HD6 won't install it. They finally replaced my HD6 but the new one doesn't have it either.

I'm supposed to leave the new one on standby long enough for it to trigger a check and then it will download. It's suppossed to be less than half an hour but the new one has been left idle for hours and it's not downloading. The new one hasn't even got any apps downloaded yet so it's not third party apps stoping it loading.

I'm waiting for another call back tomorrow and I just wondered if anyone else is missing it?
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 08:46 PM   #2
zebradude
Addict
zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
Are there any owners of a Fire HD that doesn't have Firefly? I've been back and forwards with Amazon's technical team and they can't explain why my Fire HD6 won't install it. They finally replaced my HD6 but the new one doesn't have it either.

I'm supposed to leave the new one on standby long enough for it to trigger a check and then it will download. It's suppossed to be less than half an hour but the new one has been left idle for hours and it's not downloading. The new one hasn't even got any apps downloaded yet so it's not third party apps stoping it loading.

I'm waiting for another call back tomorrow and I just wondered if anyone else is missing it?
I had a Fire HD6 16GIG delivered on Friday and I just saw your post and I checked my device and firefly works on it!

so sorry for your issue!

zebradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2015, 03:31 AM   #3
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't get it. I have two devices now that Firefly won't download to.
Old 03-23-2015, 03:48 AM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I don't get it. I have two devices now that Firefly won't download to.
Is it possible that Amazon has something ticked in your account settings that makes the update mechanism think you live in an area where there is no Firefly service (if such an area exists)?
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 04:12 AM   #5
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Is it possible that Amazon has something ticked in your account settings that makes the update mechanism think you live in an area where there is no Firefly service (if such an area exists)?
It's worth mentioning when they ring up but our account is set for the UK so it's very strange..
Advert