Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-04-2015, 10:33 PM   #1
Sin Jeong-hun
Sin Jeong-hun began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Question Is there a real RSS client for jailbroken Kindle?

I do not mean those which require a special web service or a USB computer connection. I mean those real RSS clients you normally see on a PC or on an Android tablet.

I have read the "Where to start" page, and it had "Web to Kindle" section, but there were too many items that I did not figure out which ones were real RSS clients.
Sin Jeong-hun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 10:59 PM   #2
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
I think I had one working on my Touch using python.. can't seem to find anything about it now. I regularly use other clients on my phone and PC and found the Kindle one too slow and cumbersome to be worth the hassle so I deleted it.

Also, after you fetch the feeds, you need to read them, obviously. This requires a browser (not an easy way to call the builtin one) or an external browser, or conversion to .mobi or something. Many hoops to jump through.

on a side note, have you tried http://webtoread.com/
they have one subscription every day free.

Good luck in your searching.

Last edited by brianinmaine; 02-04-2015 at 11:17 PM.
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
rss