Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-08-2015, 12:12 PM   #1
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
USB identification with KSM

As per this post, I have set my enable_usb.sh script like this:

Spoiler:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

# --- change as you see fit (begin)
PRODUCT_ID=0x4203
VERSION=3.11.0
SN=************* #the real number goes here
# --- change as you see fit (end)

MODULE_LOADED=`lsmod | grep -c g_file_storage`

VENDOR_ID=0x2237

DEV="/dev/mmcblk1p1"
if [ -e /dev/mmcblk1p1 ]; then
  LUNS=/dev/mmcblk0p3,/dev/mmcblk1p1
else
  LUNS=/dev/mmcblk0p3
fi

PARAMS="vendor=$VENDOR_ID product=$PRODUCT_ID vendor_id=Kobo product_id=eReader-$VERSION SN=$SN"
sync
echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches
#umount -l /mnt/onboard
umount -l /mnt/sd

/sbin/insmod /drivers/$PLATFORM/usb/gadget/arcotg_udc.ko
sleep 2

/sbin/insmod /drivers/$PLATFORM/usb/gadget/g_file_storage.ko file=$LUNS stall=1 removable=1 $PARAMS
sleep 1

But when I connect the device to the computer, I get this with dmesg:

Code:
[1013937.050551] usb 3-1: new high-speed USB device number 40 using xhci_hcd
[1013937.073685] usb 3-1: New USB device found, idVendor=2237, idProduct=4163
[1013937.073696] usb 3-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[1013937.073700] usb 3-1: Product: eReader-0.0.0
[1013937.073704] usb 3-1: Manufacturer: Kobo
[1013937.073708] usb 3-1: SerialNumber: N000000000000
I wonder if this is related to my problem here, in particular to the fact that with KSM the device is identified as removable, and not with Nickel.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 03:29 PM   #2
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
As per this post, I have set my enable_usb.sh script like this:

I wonder if this is related to my problem here, in particular to the fact that with KSM the device is identified as removable, and not with Nickel.
I guess you did not reboot the device after modifying the script file, and that therefore the old script was being read from cache instead of the new from disk.
By the way I posted in the KSM thread a usb enable script that identifies the same way as nickel (setting the values dynamically).

Last edited by tshering; 01-08-2015 at 03:32 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2015, 03:51 PM   #3
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
I guess you did not reboot the device after modifying the script file, and that therefore the old script was being read from cache instead of the new from disk.
I've rebooted too many times since I last modified the script (.kobo/kbmenu/usb/enable_usb.sh). There must be some other reason...

Quote:
By the way I posted in the KSM thread a usb enable script that identifies the same way as nickel (setting the values dynamically).
I'll have to try that.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:18 PM   #4
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I'll have to try that.
From the path of your usb enable script I take that you are on an older version than KSM 06. If this the case my new script will not work (since ksmhome.sh, if your version has it at all, does not export PRODUCT_ID; for testing purposes you could set the value yourself.)
Or are you using KSM 06, and only the path is that of the older versions?
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:30 AM   #5
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

No, I'm using an older version (04?). I should probably update firmware and KSM at some point, but I'm lazy
Advert