Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-31-2021, 01:15 PM   #136
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Make sure you (or a browser addon) are not unzipping the plugin. You also cannot rename the plugin's zip file before installing it.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 03:15 PM   #137
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiop_on View Post
Downloaded kindlegen from GitHub (kindlegen-3.1.1.zip - ok)
My Kindlegen plugin is not available on Github, please download this file instead and try again.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2021, 08:49 AM   #138
uiop_on
uiop_on began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
My Kindlegen plugin is not available on Github, please download this file instead and try again.
Many thanks Doitsu, that works perfectly now!
uiop_on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 01:18 AM   #139
troubledMan
Connoisseur
troubledMan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Voyage
Hi,

In the process to move from macOS High Sierra to macOS Monterey, after installed everything needed, so I think, I've found this log when trying to use the plugin:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/Sigil.app/Contents/plugin_launchers/python/launcher.py", line 141, in launch
target_script = __import__(script_module)
File "/Users/####/Library/Application Support/sigil-ebook/sigil/plugins/KindleGen/plugin.py", line 25, in <module>
from tkinter import Tk, BOTH, StringVar, IntVar, BooleanVar, PhotoImage, messagebox, DISABLED
File "tkinter/__init__.py", line 36, in <module>
ImportError: dlopen(/Applications/Sigil.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/lib/python3.8/lib-dynload/_tkinter.cpython-38-darwin.so, 0x0002): Library not loaded: /Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.6/Tcl
Referenced from: /Applications/Sigil.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/lib/python3.8/lib-dynload/_tkinter.cpython-38-darwin.so
Reason: tried: '/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.6/Tcl' (no such file), '/System/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.6/Tcl' (no such file)
Error: dlopen(/Applications/Sigil.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/lib/python3.8/lib-dynload/_tkinter.cpython-38-darwin.so, 0x0002): Library not loaded: /Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.6/Tcl
Referenced from: /Applications/Sigil.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/lib/python3.8/lib-dynload/_tkinter.cpython-38-darwin.so
Reason: tried: '/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.6/Tcl' (no such file), '/System/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.6/Tcl' (no such file)

I think it is related with some called Tcl, isn't it? What can I do to resolve this?

Other thing. Under High Sierra, I don't remember why, I had to install Python although macOS includes it normally; this time I have not installed it: is it OK or I do need to do it?
Thank you.

[Environment:

- macOS 12.0.1
- Sigil 1.8.0 (in default location)
- Kindle Previewer 3.59.1 (in default location)
- KindleGen plugin 0.5.5 (Checked "Use Bundle Python")
]
troubledMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 03:50 AM   #140
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troubledMan View Post
In the process to move from macOS High Sierra to macOS Monterey, after installed everything needed, so I think, I've found this log when trying to use the plugin
You'll need to install ActiveTcl. (You can enter a fictitious e-mail address to access the download area.)
Advert
Old 11-12-2021, 04:25 AM   #141
troubledMan
Connoisseur

Thanks Doitsu.

After install Tcl, when I use the plugin, the log now is the following:

File "/Applications/Sigil.app/Contents/plugin_launchers/python/launcher.py", line 141, in launch
File "/Users/####/Library/Application Support/sigil-ebook/sigil/plugins/KindleGen/plugin.py", line 25, in <module>
from tkinter import Tk, BOTH, StringVar, IntVar, BooleanVar, PhotoImage, messagebox, DISABLED
ImportError: dlopen(/Applications/Sigil.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/lib/python3.8/lib-dynload/_tkinter.cpython-38-darwin.so, 0x0002): Library not loaded: /Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.6/Tcl
Error: dlopen(/Applications/Sigil.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/lib/python3.8/lib-dynload/_tkinter.cpython-38-darwin.so, 0x0002): Library not loaded: /Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.6/Tcl

I've followed the link you kindly wrote, so I don't understand the log's last part (Reason:...)
In fact, I think they both are the same.

Last edited by troubledMan; 11-12-2021 at 04:26 AM. Reason: read after post, not before
Old 11-12-2021, 06:27 AM   #142
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Most likely, the latest ActiveTCL libraries are incompatible with the current Sigil version.
For some odd reason they offer ActiveTcl 8.6.x for Windows and Linux but ActiveTcl 8.5.x for macOS.

I'll update the plugin to use Qt instead of Tcl to avoid these issues.
Old 11-12-2021, 10:35 AM   #143
troubledMan
Connoisseur

Thank you all. I think I'll uninstall the last version of Sigil, and try with the same tandem kindlegen-Sigil that I had under High Sierra.
Old 11-12-2021, 10:44 AM   #144
troubledMan
Connoisseur

Quote:
... I'll uninstall the last version of Sigil, and try with the same tandem kindlegen-Sigil that I had under High Sierra.
Tcl, I meant.
Old 11-12-2021, 01:47 PM   #145
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Sigil MacOS TCL plugin issue discussion continued here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=342998
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 04:23 PM   #146
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
FYI,

We have added a TclTk_8.6.12.dmg installer package to the Sigil 1.8 github releases page. It replaces what ActiveState used to provide. It should allow Sigil tk plugins to work with Monterey or any version of macOS.

https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/Sigil...lTk_8.6.12.dmg

Quote:
Thanks Doitsu.

After install Tcl, when I use the plugin, the log now is the following:

I've followed the link you kindly wrote, so I don't understand the log's last part (Reason:...)
In fact, I think they both are the same.

Last edited by KevinH; 11-14-2021 at 06:29 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 05:49 PM   #147
hamedi
hamedi began at the beginning.

Device: PW7
kindlegen plugin error

Hi!
- macOS 10.15.7
- Sigil 1.9.10 installed in "Applications" folder
- no Kindle Previewer installed
- path to kindlegen executable "/Users/XXX/Library/Application Support/sigil-ebook/sigil/"
- Doitsu's kindlegen plugin 0.6.6 (checked "Use Bundle Python")

Run kindlegen plugin shows error

Code:
  File "/Applications/Sigil.app/Contents/plugin_launchers/python/launcher.py", line 142, in launch
    self.exitcode = target_script.run(container)
  File "/Users/XXX/Library/Application Support/sigil-ebook/sigil/plugins/KindleGenQt/plugin.py", line 644, in run
    kg_path, calibre_debug_path = findKindleGen(bk)
  File "/Users/XXX/Library/Application Support/sigil-ebook/sigil/plugins/KindleGenQt/plugin.py", line 239, in findKindleGen
    kg_path = which_osx_path
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'which_osx_path' referenced before assignment
Error: local variable 'which_osx_path' referenced before assignment
And "OK" button...
Doitsu's kindlegen plugin 0.5.5 works fine.

How to fix this error? Many thanks for answers!
hamedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 12:40 AM   #148
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamedi View Post
How to fix this error? Many thanks for answers!
There was a bug in the routine that tried to detect the kindlegen file path. I've attached a new version to the first post. Please give it a try.

If it still doesn't work, select Edit > Preferences > Open Preference Location > plugins_prefs > KindleGenQt and manually edit the kindlegen path entry in KindleGenQt.json:

Code:
  "kg_path": "/Users/XXX/Library/Application Support/sigil-ebook/sigil/kindlegen",
Old 06-02-2022, 02:46 PM   #149
hamedi
hamedi began at the beginning.

Device: PW7
many thanks for answer!

version 0.6.7 not work...
and another error
Code:
  File "/Applications/Sigil.app/Contents/plugin_launchers/python/launcher.py", line 142, in launch
    self.exitcode = target_script.run(container)
  File "/Users/XXX/Library/Application Support/sigil-ebook/sigil/plugins/KindleGenQt/plugin.py", line 645, in run
    kg_path, calibre_debug_path = findKindleGen(bk)
  File "/Users/XXX/Library/Application Support/sigil-ebook/sigil/plugins/KindleGenQt/plugin.py", line 256, in findKindleGen
    kg_path = select_file('Select kindlegen executable', _filter)
NameError: name 'select_file' is not defined
Error: name 'select_file' is not defined
i attached my file KindleGen.json.zip
hamedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 07:08 AM   #150
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

I'll release a new version tomorrow. Hopefully, it'll fix your problem.