Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-05-2014, 08:17 PM   #1
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
T68 Lynx update - October 22

In case you haven't found it yet, the Lynx has a new update. It's supposed to improve TTS and touchscreen accuracy, among other things. Has anyone tried it yet? Any improvements?
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 09:18 PM   #2
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Out of curiosity, I tried to install the update by using the "cloud" method - downloading it direct from the internet to my device. My T68 recognized the update and began the installation process. But when the process was complete and my device rebooted that one last time, it went to a dark screen with "Android" on it - and then froze. I tried turning it off and turning it on again. It goes to that same Android screen and freezes. Not sure what to do next. I could reset the device if needed.
Advert
Old 11-05-2014, 10:45 PM   #3
dnastase
Addict
dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NG,NSTG,NST,AuraHD,OnyxT68,Lynx, BoyueT62,NGP,Aura1,Oasis,Mars
Bummer, it sounds like the upgrade has an issue.

Did you have the Lynx firmware before or the Booxtor one ?
Is it a Lynx or Booxtor device ?

The only thing I can think of is to apply the Booxtor firmware by using the method described there (w/ the mfgtool and stuff).
dnastase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 06:07 AM   #4
downeaster59
Wizard

I have a Lynx device with the Lynx firmware. Yes, I'm thinking of trying the mfgtool to download the Booxtor firmware. Nothing to lose at this point!
Old 11-06-2014, 08:09 AM   #5
downeaster59
Wizard

Okay, I've used the mfgtool, and my T68 is back. All is working again. I'll have to reinstall what I want, but that's okay.
Advert
Old 11-06-2014, 09:42 AM   #6
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
I've tried to do it over the network twice, and both times I got a message of "Signature verification failed. Installation aborted" After the first time, I went into the filesystem and deleted the update.zip file, but even when I let it go through and download the file again it still failed with the same error. Is there a place where I can download it to my PC and sideload it onto the device?

Edit to add: I found the link to download the update file manually: https://onyx-boox.com/support/firmware-android/. Crossing fingers that this works.

Edit again: No joy. I tried sideloading to the sd card, and to the main device storage. Neither one worked.

Shari

Last edited by shalym; 11-06-2014 at 10:50 AM.
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 11:12 AM   #7
downeaster59
Wizard

There has to be a problem with the update.zip. You may need to email Arta Tech at onyx-boox.com and get in touch with support.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:35 PM   #8
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
I've tried to do it over the network twice, and both times I got a message of "Signature verification failed. Installation aborted" After the first time, I went into the filesystem and deleted the update.zip file, but even when I let it go through and download the file again it still failed with the same error. Is there a place where I can download it to my PC and sideload it onto the device?

Edit to add: I found the link to download the update file manually: https://onyx-boox.com/support/firmware-android/. Crossing fingers that this works.

Edit again: No joy. I tried sideloading to the sd card, and to the main device storage. Neither one worked.

Shari
Try removing your sd card and rebooting before updating. The T68 seems to have problems with sd cards.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 05:55 PM   #9
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Try removing your sd card and rebooting before updating. The T68 seems to have problems with sd cards.
Thank you SO much!! that worked!

Shari
Old 11-06-2014, 07:02 PM   #10
dnastase
Addict
dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Thank you SO much!! that worked!

Shari

Do you notice anything fixed/improved ?
Old 11-06-2014, 09:35 PM   #11
shalym
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnastase View Post

Do you notice anything fixed/improved ?
I haven't had a ton of time to play with it today, but the first thing I noticed was that I was required to log in to choose a language, and then log in to something called "midiapolis drive". I tried to go past the log in, and couldn't find a way to do it. I did a google search, and found a reference to it on the Onyx site at https://onyx-boox.com/shop/onyx-boox...le-play-store/ From there I went to https://drive.midiapolis.com/ and created an account. I was able to log in and move on to the regular UI after that. It did seem that the touch sensitivity went a little backwards when I was trying to type in my login info, but I could have been imagining it. Hopefully I'll have time to mess with it more tomorrow.

Shari
Old 11-06-2014, 10:12 PM   #12
dnastase
Addict

hmm, strange, "midiapolis drive". Is that the official Lynx firmware ?
Old 11-07-2014, 06:40 AM   #13
shalym
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnastase View Post
hmm, strange, "midiapolis drive". Is that the official Lynx firmware ?
It looks like an add-on...some kind of dropbox wannabe. I wasn't too thrilled that I HAD to sign up for it in order to use my device. Maybe someone else will be able to find a way to get around that? One of the first things I'm going to try to do today is remove that app, and see if it's possible.

Shari
Old 11-07-2014, 09:32 AM   #14
ArtaTechPoland
Banned
ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: inkBOOK
Hello,

You can Skip logging in to Midiapolis Drive by click Next.
ArtaTechPoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 12:48 PM   #15
shalym
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtaTechPoland View Post
Hello,

You can Skip logging in to Midiapolis Drive by click Next.
I tried that, and I got a message saying that the login was incorrect.

Shari