Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-16-2014, 09:17 AM   #16
MarekGibek
Zealot
MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C
[QUOTE=embryo;2897082]The screen rotates but the touch control does not, so your tap in one place triggers an event 90 decrees off.[QUOTE]

What can I say? Touch and screen rotation works for me on Kobo Touch. I use it to read in landscape mode. I had to explicitly rotate touch coordinates in the kernel, so that's strange.

As always in such cases please try to replace whole HW CONFIG section with Kobo Glo's one (you can take it from the image with original Kobo software). I only changed resolution config bit but there are others that configure touch etc...

Quote:
BTW what are the differences of the new kernel compared to the old?
Support for 4 reading modes: normal, fullscreen refreshes, monochromatic, monochromatic with dithering (Atkinson).
MarekGibek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 09:21 AM   #17
MarekGibek
Zealot
MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaoZeke View Post
I hope this isn't an inappropriate or overtly dumb question but, any ideas/advice to getting this to work on the aura HD?
Someone needs to merge my kernel source code changes (link to them in my first post) to Aura HD's Android kernel (there is Android for Aura HD already).
Advert
Old 08-16-2014, 09:33 AM   #18
MarekGibek
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by lekofraggle View Post
Hello again, I was wondering if anyone got the play store to work on this build. I keep getting the dreaded "cannot connect to server" error.

I have set my date and time,
Edited my hosts file
Cleared cache and data on Google play and services framework
Even tried reset to factory (do not try this, it breaks the install)
I get the issue in both the play store and gmail.

What am I missing?

~leko

Edit, it is not a WiFi issue, dolphin connects to the Internet. As does Dropbox.
Sorry about that, but before releasing images I had to remove my account data. I removed /data/system/accounts.db file and cleaned up all application settings.

Sometimes after such cleaning is hard to add user account again. Removing accounts.db file and cleaning apps settings again may help.

Another reason may be... I have blocked startup of google play service at boot time. It saves many MBs of memory and doesn't stop google play of working. But maybe this is a problem when starting it for the first time. To make sure please temporary enable all disabled services with included "Auto Mounts" app. It's good to disable them later, otherwise you will be out of the memory soon.

I don't recognize "Your license is invalid" message, sorry.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:11 PM   #19
am9
am9 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarekGibek View Post
Thanks Lukas! What you are asking of requires modification of every app. I've modified coolreader3 and I'm very happy with the results. I'm spending 80% of time reading with it and 20% in news reader/web browser so the rest is not very important for me. Changing web browser to page based is too hard probably. So for now I'm not planning to make more UI changes.

I never tried dual boot. Also I don't have kobo glo (but kobo touch) - that's why I didn't setup front light. And kill me but I like the blinking LED - it's an indicator if the device is really sleeping for me.

However, the changes in v2 version should be compatible with all changes proposed for v1 by other people - including dual boot, turning off LED and installing software for front light. Please try to do it yourself - you should succeed.

Yes, Kobo Service 2.0 is newer version of Kobo Rotate service. You need only one. It communicates with modified kernel and to make it fully working you need to upgrade the kernel, too (copy image bytes from 0x100000 - 0x6FFFF0).

No, sorry. It's working for am9 on Kobo Glo. Maybe try again with different SD card? In which moment is it rebooting? Do you see booting animation? If yes, you can connect it to PC to USB port and look at logcat logs ("adb logcat" command during booting).

Thanks! I was hoping it will allow me to play games but unfortunately my implementation is too slow
Hi Marek,with the help of friends and my study, dual boot , led and front light is OK like v1, after run v2 a few days,I like the kobo service very much, it is a very useful app for improving the screen display. but the 4 flash mode integrate in 1 menu ,I feel a little bit inconvenience, I suggest every flash mode(especially the reading mode) can independent on a single app, so i can link it to the button savor ,such as"call" key, and every time I want to change th flash mode ,just push the call key,and no more selection ,that is will become perfect! thank you !
am9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 01:11 AM   #20
wen1012
wen1012 began at the beginning.

Hi am9! Can you share the V2 img that with dual boot ?
wen1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2014, 09:05 AM   #21
lekofraggle
lekofraggle began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, nexus, iPad
Marek and all, Thank you for all of your help. I got the play store to work by copying /data/system/accounts.db from my v1 build and putting in the right spot on v2. Then, I did have to enable all the google services especially framework and gmail services.

The licence issue was remedied by uninstalling and reinstalling Mantano from the play store.

I think this is mentioned elsewhere, but there is a HUGE difference in the performance of this Rom dependent on the speed of the sd card it is on. The faster cards are amazing.

Last edited by lekofraggle; 08-18-2014 at 09:17 AM.
lekofraggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 02:18 PM   #22
mostafa.dkhissi
mostafa.dkhissi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Thank you for this work!

does it support USB Tethering? because the first version of Android do not support it.
mostafa.dkhissi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:42 AM   #23
MarekGibek
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by am9 View Post
(...) so i can link it to the button savor ,such as"call" key, and every time I want to change th flash mode ,just push the call key,and no more selection ,that is will become perfect! thank you !
It is possible. This should be easy to write simple C code that reads current and sets next mode. Mode number can be accessed with IOCTL messages:

MXCFB_SET_UPDATE_MODE = 1074021939
MXCFB_GET_UPDATE_MODE = -2147203532

send to /dev/graphics/fb0 device. Mode numbers are: 0, 1, 2 and 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lekofraggle View Post
Marek and all, Thank you for all of your help. I got the play store to work by copying /data/system/accounts.db from my v1 build and putting in the right spot on v2. Then, I did have to enable all the google services especially framework and gmail services.
Nice. I think you can disable these services once it started working. You will save valuable memory after startup. I have them disabled and gmail & google play both work for me.

Quote:
I think this is mentioned elsewhere, but there is a HUGE difference in the performance of this Rom dependent on the speed of the sd card it is on. The faster cards are amazing.
Yes. That's true!! Android on my original Kobo SD-card of class 4 maybe, boots and works 2.5x faster than on my other SD-card of class 6! There was a thread somewhere about that faster SD-cards are better for reading and writing only large chunks of file (like recording video movie) and are slower for operating on small files. Probably kobo's SD-card controller is the cheapest one available on the market

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostafa.dkhissi View Post
does it support USB Tethering? because the first version of Android do not support it.
This is exactly the same version of Android under hood (2.3.4).

Last edited by MarekGibek; 08-18-2014 at 09:45 AM.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:59 AM   #24
am9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wen1012 View Post
Hi am9! Can you share the V2 img that with dual boot ?
yes, I can share the img but my img is 32g ,your tf card must the same, or you can do it yourself ,check the posts for dual boot and find some tools to cover 3 file for dual boot in the android system drive at v2 img,than install the dual boot patchs in KOBO OS, and ,push light and power ,will runs.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:18 PM   #25
wen1012

Hi am9! Yes,I have 32G TF card. Thank you!
Old 08-19-2014, 11:10 AM   #26
mostafa.dkhissi
mostafa.dkhissi began at the beginning.

There is a way to enable RNDIS in kernel for usb tethering so as to use the glo as second screen using vnc in android ?
mostafa.dkhissi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:00 AM   #27
am9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wen1012 View Post
Hi am9! Yes,I have 32G TF card. Thank you!
http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shar...&uk=1730310067
this is my img ,if it can not run in ext sd,you must cover the 3 system files by yourself,because I am not sure it can run in other machine
Old 08-20-2014, 12:12 PM   #28
wen1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by am9 View Post
http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shar...&uk=1730310067
this is my img ,if it can not run in ext sd,you must cover the 3 system files by yourself,because I am not sure it can run in other machine
Thank you !!
Old 08-21-2014, 02:58 PM   #29
MarekGibek
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostafa.dkhissi View Post
There is a way to enable RNDIS in kernel for usb tethering so as to use the glo as second screen using vnc in android ?
I think so, why not. In the first post you have link to kernel source codes.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:46 AM   #30
chriscsh
chriscsh began at the beginning.

anyway to upgrade from v1 to v2 without delete all my data & apps?
new install all the apps is a painful way

or how can i only update the new service & kernel?

Last edited by chriscsh; 08-27-2014 at 05:54 AM.
chriscsh is offline   Reply With Quote