Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-17-2014, 03:36 PM   #271
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
No full justification, from what I can see. Just like Scribd. It would be SO easy to implement.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 03:39 PM   #272
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Hmm, I can only see a small portion of the books with that link. I click on romance for example and then I click historical and I only get like 2 pages of books and that is it. That is the page I have seen before, but I can not find anywhere where I can see all books listed, not just 2 pages per genre.

They make it too hard.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2014, 03:40 PM   #273
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
Hmm, I can only see a small portion of the books with that link. I click on romance for example and then I click historical and I only get like 2 pages of books and that is it. That is the page I have seen before, but I can not find anywhere where I can see all books listed, not just 2 pages per genre.

They make it too hard.
Yes, I was just going to post that. It's a sampling, and no way to search the sampling.
Old 06-17-2014, 03:42 PM   #274
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
No full justification, from what I can see. Just like Scribd. It would be SO easy to implement.
I prefer left justification, but if you can't specifically choose it, it probably depends on the book. Can you change margins or line height? How about background colors?
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 03:44 PM   #275
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, in the limited stuff shown I compared and everything so far is also on Scribd. The only publisher I found that is on Oyster and not Scribd so far is Crimson Romance. They both have HarperCollins, Open Road. Not enough selection shown to come up with more.
Advert
Old 06-17-2014, 03:55 PM   #276
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Ok, Oyster is terrible. The font size selection reminds me of Kindle....one is too small, the next is too large. The margins are too large. On the largest font setting the line spacing is too large. I do like the of the fonts. So my opinion is that the books look much better on Scribd.

Interesting - I unsubscribed, but I still have access to the books during the month of free trial.

Last edited by booklover6; 06-17-2014 at 03:58 PM.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:03 PM   #277
Atunah
Wizard

Thanks for taking one for the team and checking it out.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:20 PM   #278
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

No problem I still like reading on my eink devices better, but maybe they will add some fonts to Scribd. And full justification.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:35 AM   #279
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
So far I’ve read about 10 books on scribd, I’ve been reading in the tablet but it’s not has comfortable as the ereader, I would like to continue after the 3month trial but only if I could read in the glo.

I remembered that some people hack the glo and install android, I would like to know if someone has tried it and if scribd works in a kobo reader with android.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:46 AM   #280
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest@de View Post
So far I’ve read about 10 books on scribd, I’ve been reading in the tablet but it’s not has comfortable as the ereader, I would like to continue after the 3month trial but only if I could read in the glo.

I remembered that some people hack the glo and install android, I would like to know if someone has tried it and if scribd works in a kobo reader with android.
I agree, I would love it if it could be used on an eink reader. I tried it on my rooted Nook ST. The Android version is too old, so it doesn't install. And you can't read it in the browser of an eink device. I don't know that a rooted Kobo Glo would have a new enough version of Android to run it. You would have to check. None of my Kobo's are rooted.

Requires Android
2.3.3 and up

Kobo Android version is 2.3.4.

Hmmmmm. So maybe it will work. I have asked about it in the Kobo android thread. Hopefully someone there will test it.

The fabulous Nathan at the-ebook-reader.com tried Scribd and it did not work. Link.

Last edited by booklover6; 06-23-2014 at 10:53 AM.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:00 AM   #281
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
@ booklover6

Thank you, it's such a shame it doesn't work, gess I will make the most off the 3 months trial and wait to see if in the future scribd can be used in eink.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:28 AM   #282
briefcandles
Connoisseur
briefcandles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.briefcandles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.briefcandles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.briefcandles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.briefcandles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.briefcandles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.briefcandles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.briefcandles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.briefcandles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.briefcandles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.briefcandles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
In case anyone didn't know this, you can earn up to four weeks of bonus free time by doing social media stuff like following them on Twitter and liking them on Facebook, and an extra month per signup by getting people to sign up as your referral. You can find the link on your subscription page.
briefcandles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 06:29 AM   #283
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Did a recent update change the display so now that all books are fully justified? They look great on my Nexus, now! I forgot to see if they added fonts.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:44 AM   #284
Atunah
Wizard

Quote:
Did a recent update change the display so now that all books are fully justified? They look great on my Nexus, now! I forgot to see if they added fonts.
I am pretty sure mine has always been fully justified. I only have had my Nexus for 3-4 weeks though and don't know if there was a earlier version of the app.
I just checked the kindle app on my 8.9 fire and I guess its not full justified, but not really obvious as most words still go to the end and some sentences are ragged. But it isn't overly horrible, but the Android app does look a bit nicer.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:54 AM   #285
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
I don't see a new update. I have seen some books that were full justify - I think it depends on the publisher defaults.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote