Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-14-2014, 07:46 PM   #1
lukewrussell
lukewrussell began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
After I Edit Code, Save, and Convert, all my Code Edits are Gone

I have tried many times on the previous version and the new version and keep running into the same wall.

I open up the file editor.
I make modifications to the code.
I make sure I save it.
The preview pane in the editor shows the changes I want.
I go to the main screen to convert the book and the file it outputs does not have the updated code I wrote.
I then go back to check the book under Edit and the code has reverted...

What am I missing?

Many thanks!!!!
Luke
lukewrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:05 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Is it possible you already have an ORIGINAL_EPUB? I believe those will be used for conversion (if available), and then you overwrite your newly-edited EPUB with the converted one.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
coding, coding books, saving