Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-03-2008, 03:29 AM   #91
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
Forgot the most obvious one!
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy with a function that makes your reader display 'Don't Panic' when it powers up!
(used to have that on an old palmtop)
I agree I have been working on a custom Skin with this image.

JJ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hhg.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	14037   Click image for larger version

Name:	HHGPRS.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	14038  
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 03:31 AM   #92
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0zza View Post
I second (third? fourth? lost track) for Robert Jordan. I'd also like to see *ahem* the Harry Potter series... For my wife. Not me. My Wife. Please no flaming. I know that won't happen though. JK is no friend to ebooks.
I am sure everyone is looking for Harry Potter for their WIFE!

Seriously, I wouldn't mind The potter books (for my wife sorry still laughing!) or C.S. Lewis, Haven't seen alot of Tom Clancy either. Really aside from trying to get the Books that are not in an ebook format yet how about getting complete works from the authors that are. I am tired of find half a series available. Or 13 out of fifteen.

Last edited by jerryleejr; 07-03-2008 at 03:38 AM.
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2008, 05:41 PM   #93
sianon
Addict
sianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony 500, Bebook, Kindle, Eco reader Drs and soon the Archos 9
I would love to see Australian authors in e-book format. In particular I want the Traci Harding Celestial trilogy and the Dragon Queens trilogy available, oh and not to forget the last book on the Ancient futures trilogy (the first two are available)

Karen
sianon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 11:08 PM   #94
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
printed book to ebook

Ray Bradbury.......all of his books.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:33 PM   #95
khourianya
TechnoBookworm
khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Kobo Glo, Kobo Mini
The entire Xanth series. I nkow there are a few available but not the whole series and that takes up so much space in my library that I would love to have it on a memory stick instead.

ETA - Sept12/08 - I wrote to Piers Anthony and asked if this was in the works. Hios response was that he is hoping that if the Xanth movie gets off the ground next year, that he will have the leverage to ask his publishers to bring the rest of the series into electronic. One of his publishers has ebooked some of his series, but the other has not, hence the few titles available.

Definitely keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited by khourianya; 09-12-2008 at 11:25 AM.
khourianya is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2008, 01:28 PM   #96
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I failed to mention this when I started the thread, but I'd like to also see

Against the Day

By Thomas Pynchon

for the PRS-505. I kept waiting and waiting...but nothing happened. So, on a recent trip to the U.S., I purchased the trade paper edition.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:20 PM   #97
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
All of them!
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:37 PM   #98
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
The Book I'm really looking for in E-book format is this one -

The Folklore of Discworld by Terry Pratchett (Author), Jacqueline Simpson (Author)

I've been putting off getting it in print, as I'm really keen to slowly switch to a all e-book format (But am a long way from there)

I've checked the usual suspects, i.e. Fictionwise, Booksonboard and even Mobipocket, but no Cigar (well being a non smoker I should probably say something like no Pocky )
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:25 PM   #99
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laine View Post
I bought Lord of The Rings from PocketGear. They sell games for pocketpcs bu also have an ebook section. Since I thought they were an O.K. firm I bought the books without asking questions. Laine
I'd like to buy the three volumes of The Lord of the Rings also, but can't see what format they are in from the PocketGear.com website.

What format are the books you bought in?

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:39 PM   #100
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
I'd like to buy the three volumes of The Lord of the Rings also, but can't see what format they are in from the PocketGear.com website.

Regards, Alex
The three volumes of The Lord of the Rings at PocketGear contain no copyright info and no indication that rights were granted by the publisher for these books which are still in copyright. That is to say, they are pirated ebooks and I'd recommend that you don't buy them. I have contacted PocketGear and the publisher but neither appears to have taken any action yet.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:50 PM   #101
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
The three volumes of The Lord of the Rings at PocketGear contain no copyright info and no indication that rights were granted by the publisher for these books which are still in copyright. That is to say, they are pirated ebooks and I'd recommend that you don't buy them. I have contacted PocketGear and the publisher but neither appears to have taken any action yet.
Don't hold your breath.

PocketGear is a unit of Motricity, a provider of mobile content solutions. Motricity also used to operate PalmGear and eReader. PalmGear got folded into PocketGear, and in the process dumped all Palm freeware titles, leading to much annoyance among Palm fans. eReader was sold to Fictionwise. PocketGear appears to be on auto-pilot. I doubt anyone there bothered to vet the LoTR ebooks, or had any awareness of copyright concerns. It was a product PocketGear could sell, and get a cut on. PocketGear and PalmGear always struck me as "We eat our own dogfood" examples of the sort of solutions Motricity could offer corporate customers than real attempts to make money in their own right.

Motricity has been having its own problems recently, going through a merger and restructuring and attempting to change its focus.

The publisher might sic a lawyer on them, but I suspect the folks behind PocketGear are preoccupied with other problems.
_______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:17 PM   #102
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post

Regards, Alex

Microsoft Reader.

I was just browsing their books and went through a lot of uninteresting stuff before I found them.

Laine
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:45 AM   #103
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
As mentioned in a previous post, I'll like to get more Pratchett Related books in e-book format.

While the main Discworld series is available others such as

Good Omens by Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman

The Science of Discworld by Terry Pratchett, Ian Stewart, Jack S. Cohen

The Science of Discworld II - The Globe by Terry Pratchett, Ian Stewart, Jack S. Cohen

The Science of Discworld III - Darwin's Watch by Terry Pratchett, Ian Stewart, Jack S. Cohen

The Turtle Moves: Discworld's Story So Far by Lawrence Watt-Evans

The New Discworld Companion by Stephen Briggs

Nanny Ogg's Cookbook by Terry Pratchett, Stephen Briggs, Paul Kidby, and Tina Hannan

The Wit and Wisdom of Discworld by Terry Pratchett and Stephen Briggs

And older books like

Strata by Terry Pratchett

The Dark Side of the Sun By Terry Pratchett

I do have most, if not all in Paperback and Hardback (some Multiple copies), and I WANT to buy a ebook version, but can't as its not available.

Its especially unfortunate as many of these are often not that easily available in book stores, or are shelved in a different section, making it had for new people just starting to discover Pratchett's Work.

And for fans reading his older non Discworld books give you a good idea of how his work has changed and evolved over the last 20 years. And of course they're a good read.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 11:44 AM   #104
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
I've just read the first "Mary Russell" book by Laurie R. King (Beekeeper's Apprentice) from the library, so I would love to see the first several books in the series as ebooks. The last 3 are, but the first 4? I think are not.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:08 AM   #105
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laine View Post
I bought Lord of The Rings from PocketGear. They sell games for pocketpcs bu also have an ebook section. Since I thought they were an O.K. firm I bought the books without asking questions. Laine
How are the eBooks? Are they well formatted?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote