Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-16-2014, 09:50 PM   #1
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
Jump to top?

Is there a keyboard way to jump to the top of the book list in calibre? On a web page I would hit the Home key to do this, but that does not work in Calibre.
MeSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:00 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Use CTRL+HOME.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2014, 10:15 PM   #3
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks!
Piggy-back question: What does a thumbtack icon mean next to the line number in the book list?
Old 02-16-2014, 10:48 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
It means that the book has been "Marked", usually when the metadata is updated. Although many plugins also mark books when they have been used on a subset of your library. Find Duplicates, OverDrive Link, Quality Check. There is also an option under Preferences ==> Interface ==> Toolbar to add a toolbar option to mark books, and you can select them with the search pattern "marked:true".

It is just a way of arbitrarily marking certain books for special interest, usually if you want to perform some kind of operation on specific books.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:02 PM   #5
MeSue
Geek in the Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
It is just a way of arbitrarily marking certain books for special interest, usually if you want to perform some kind of operation on specific books.
Interesting... thanks! I had four marked books in my library. Not sure how they got marked, but now that I know about this option I'm sure I will find a use for it. In fact, I could have used this other day when I was looking to flag some books to transfer to my reader.
Advert
Old 02-16-2014, 11:39 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Preferences: Adding books: (4th line) now has a option (defaulted) to mark added books.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:57 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSue View Post
Interesting... thanks! I had four marked books in my library. Not sure how they got marked, but now that I know about this option I'm sure I will find a use for it. In fact, I could have used this other day when I was looking to flag some books to transfer to my reader.
If you use Find Duplicates and you have excluded any book groups from future consideration then the Marks will appear to persist - ie if you clear the Marks today, they'll be back tomorrow - there are various workarounds -
  • remove the exclusions,
  • uninstall the plugin and reinstall as required (the exclusions wont be lost),
  • start calibre in a virtual library which has Marked Books as its selection criteria, clear the Marks and do whatever. When you want to do a Find Dups, restart calibre and they'll be back

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote