Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-11-2013, 12:57 PM   #16
TheArtfulDodger
Zealot
TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kobo Touch, Kindle, Nook Touch
OK - that worked, except I don't have a bookshelf! I have "Library", with Books, Previews, My Collections, & Articles from Pocket; "Bookstore" with Storefront, Related Reading, Recommended for you, Categories, Reading Lists, & Wishlist; and "Extras" with Reading Stats, & Awards.

Sorry, once again.

Sparky
TheArtfulDodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #17
BigBoot
BigBoot has much to be proud ofBigBoot has much to be proud ofBigBoot has much to be proud ofBigBoot has much to be proud ofBigBoot has much to be proud ofBigBoot has much to be proud ofBigBoot has much to be proud ofBigBoot has much to be proud ofBigBoot has much to be proud ofBigBoot has much to be proud ofBigBoot has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Just search for a book called launcher with the rocket icon.

BigBoot
BigBoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2013, 01:53 PM   #18
TheArtfulDodger
Zealot
TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.

Nope - not there. Will attempt tomorrow to re-load the launcher and see if I did something wrong.

Sparky
Old 12-12-2013, 07:04 AM   #19
TheArtfulDodger
Zealot

Unhappy No Joy

I tried again this morning by re-copying the koboRoot.lgz to the .kobo folder, followed the Installation instructions to the letter, but no book titled "launcher", "kobolauncher" or anything like that.

I must ask what is perhaps a silly question: Does the Kobo need to be rooted? 'Cause if it does, perhaps that's why it doesn't work! If that's not the reason, I have an early version of the Kobo Touch, N905, with 3.0.0 of the Firmware installed.

I will tell you about what the install did:
1. Deleted the KoboRoot.tgz file and replaced it with a file "KoboReader.sqlite".
2. Added a folder in .kobo: "fmon" with two files: "fmon" and "launcher.sh".
3. Added another folder in .kobo: "KoboLauncher" with a bunch of files and folders.

The Kobo starts properly and I can read the books thereon but I cannot find a way to start the launcher!

I await your advice.

Kr,

Sparky
Old 12-12-2013, 07:23 AM   #20
BigBoot
BigBoot has much to be proud ofBigBoot has much to be proud ofBigBoot has much to be proud ofBigBoot has much to be proud ofBigBoot has much to be proud ofBigBoot has much to be proud ofBigBoot has much to be proud ofBigBoot has much to be proud ofBigBoot has much to be proud ofBigBoot has much to be proud ofBigBoot has much to be proud of

Did you copy the launcher.png to the kobo? This files triggers the start.

BigBoot
Advert
Old 12-12-2013, 07:54 AM   #21
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArtfulDodger View Post
I tried again this morning by re-copying the koboRoot.lgz to the .kobo folder, followed the Installation instructions to the letter, but no book titled "launcher", "kobolauncher" or anything like that.

I must ask what is perhaps a silly question: Does the Kobo need to be rooted? 'Cause if it does, perhaps that's why it doesn't work! If that's not the reason, I have an early version of the Kobo Touch, N905, with 3.0.0 of the Firmware installed.

I will tell you about what the install did:
1. Deleted the KoboRoot.tgz file and replaced it with a file "KoboReader.sqlite".
2. Added a folder in .kobo: "fmon" with two files: "fmon" and "launcher.sh".
3. Added another folder in .kobo: "KoboLauncher" with a bunch of files and folders.

The Kobo starts properly and I can read the books thereon but I cannot find a way to start the launcher!

I await your advice.
Here you can find a detailed description of the installation procedure for Kobolauncher (needed for Coolreader) and Koreader.

BTW These are alternative eReaders for Kobo.
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #22
TheArtfulDodger
Zealot

I followed these instructions exactly, however when I got to # 6, the launcher image was not on my home page. What next?

Kr,

Sparky
Old 12-12-2013, 10:54 AM   #23
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArtfulDodger View Post
I followed these instructions exactly, however when I got to # 6, the launcher image was not on my home page. What next?
The only way I can thing of, is to start over again by deleting the luncher.png, rebooting and going back to step 1.
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:49 PM   #24
packetlost
packetlost began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Thanks for the port...I have it installed and am starting a go-thru of Planetfall...I'll let you know if I run into any bugs. Thanks again for porting this.
packetlost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:39 AM   #25
BigBoot

Hey, I've fixed some bugs, and created a thread for the application -> https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...42#post2711142

BigBoot
Old 12-13-2013, 02:27 PM   #26
TheArtfulDodger
Zealot

Hi, BigBoot:

I finally got KoboLauncher to work - I was putting launcher.png in the wrong place! Oops!

Now, I have it running and I can run frotz, but when I do, I get the keyboard and a completely black window on top. Typing does not show up at all (I thought it might be white on black). Any idea why or if I've done something else wrong?

Thanks in advance for all of your hard work!

Sparky
Old 12-13-2013, 02:37 PM   #27
BigBoot

There should be a menu bar on the top. Press File->Open to load a game.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:44 PM   #28
TheArtfulDodger
Zealot

How/where does one put the .zx files for the games?

Sparky
Old 12-13-2013, 03:32 PM   #29
BigBoot

Doesn't really matter, default ist .kobo/KoboLauncher/Frotz/, but you should be able to navigate to every Folder.

Tags
adventure, games, kobo app