Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-20-2013, 09:51 AM   #1
Francois_C
Zealot
Francois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Touch, Kobo Mini
Search issue with 64-bit ebook-viewer.exe

I have noticed this issue since the beginning of the 64-bit Windows version.

Searches never succeed if you type several words. With some versions, or in some cases I'm unable to diagnose, they don't succeed even with one word, or the found word is not highlighted.

I was somehow resigned, but I recently used the search window on the 32-bit Calibre of my wife's (32-bit XP) laptop, and everything was perfectly OK, and this was really cool

Am I doing something wrong with my 64-bit Windows version? Does the search interfere with something else?

Thanks in advance.

François.

Last edited by Francois_C; 11-20-2013 at 09:55 AM.
Francois_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:59 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You probably have hyphenation enabled in your viewer preferences. Disable it and searching will work.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2013, 07:57 AM   #3
Francois_C
Zealot
Francois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Touch, Kobo Mini
Thanks, Kovid. But I think there was something else: I downloaded the latest 1.12.0 version this morning without having checked your answer, and search did work again, without unchecking the hyphenation option!

I think this was due to lack of highlighting, not search. I don't use the reader very often, only to check books I've just built, so I may have not noticed the words I was seeking were in the displayed page but not highlighted in yellow.

Maybe there was a bug in the yellow highlighting function on the 64-bit version, as everything was OK with the 32-bit one, and someone fixed the 64-bit yesterday.

Two days after I reported this, it is fixed! It was the same when I reported a bug in the Kobo driver: fixed within less than two days. I wish the Kobo firmware would be maintained by such good programmers as those of Calibre!

Last edited by Francois_C; 11-23-2013 at 08:01 AM.
Francois_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:31 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If it works with 1.12 then it was most likely the hyphenation, from the whats new page for 1.12

Quote:
E-book viewer: Allow searching to work with hyphenation enabled, provided you are searching for whole words. Searching for partial words may still not work. For robust searching, turn off hyphenation in the viewer preferences.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote