Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 03:22 AM   #1
meggyblue
meggyblue can illuminate an eclipsemeggyblue can illuminate an eclipsemeggyblue can illuminate an eclipsemeggyblue can illuminate an eclipsemeggyblue can illuminate an eclipsemeggyblue can illuminate an eclipsemeggyblue can illuminate an eclipsemeggyblue can illuminate an eclipsemeggyblue can illuminate an eclipsemeggyblue can illuminate an eclipsemeggyblue can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo mini
Need Sd image model n705

Hi, i've just brick my kobo mini trying a downgrade.
I try to clone the recovery partion to the root one on the sd, kobo starts the recovery,but after that it stops on the restart icon and then green led flashing.

Do you have a backup sd image for my model? please helpme! thanks!
Old 07-30-2013, 11:23 AM   #2
meggyblue
meggyblue can illuminate an eclipsemeggyblue can illuminate an eclipsemeggyblue can illuminate an eclipsemeggyblue can illuminate an eclipsemeggyblue can illuminate an eclipsemeggyblue can illuminate an eclipsemeggyblue can illuminate an eclipsemeggyblue can illuminate an eclipsemeggyblue can illuminate an eclipsemeggyblue can illuminate an eclipsemeggyblue can illuminate an eclipse

help my kobo mini

does anyone could help me please? there is nothing i can to save my kobo?
Advert
Old 07-30-2013, 01:45 PM   #3
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Probably a Glo image would be compatible. Trying doesn't cost anything, ask for a link in the related thread!
Old 07-30-2013, 03:08 PM   #4
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
Probably a Glo image would be compatible. Trying doesn't cost anything, ask for a link in the related thread!
Someone did try that a while back. It worked, except it still used the Glo's higher resolution, so you couldn't see everything on the Mini. That was with older firmware, though. Meggyblue, If you'd like to give it a try I have a Glo image you can use.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:21 PM   #5
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
You might contact kleko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleko View Post
update:
as some of you probably have expected, the image of the kobo touch works not without problems. I've now got a new Kobo mini N705.
If anyone needs an image of the SD card, please feel free to ask.
cheers Kleko
Advert
Old 07-30-2013, 10:42 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinShort View Post
Someone did try that a while back. It worked, except it still used the Glo's higher resolution, so you couldn't see everything on the Mini. That was with older firmware, though. Meggyblue, If you'd like to give it a try I have a Glo image you can use.
I thought they used a Touch N905C image. If so, that would solve the resolution issue.

@meggyblue: If you want to try the image, send me a PM and I'll send the link.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:17 AM   #7
meggyblue

Thanks all of you! i'll try with glo or touch images,when you send me it. hope this solve.

after that, if kobo mini restart, I could try an upgrade firmware, what do you think?
Old 07-31-2013, 04:41 AM   #8
meggyblue

SOLVED!! my kobo mini restart!

Here's what I did:
1. I took an image of my sd.
2. I copied the image of kobo n905C (courtesy of davidfor) on the sd
3. I tried but kobo did not start, just green led flashing
4. with a hex editor (HDX) I copied from the old image of the SD damaged the first 9.5 MB unallocaded space and recoveryfs

5. try sd on kobo mini, and it starts!!
6. I creatie a new image of the sd
7. i made a factory reset for safety

After that I copied the image on a sd 8gb class 10.
and now all works with my serial number.
i think this can works with other kobo model.

these are the sector:
unallocated space: from sector 0-19455 (copied)
rootfs: from sector 19456 to 543744
recoveryfs: from sector 543745 to 1068033 (copied)
koboereader: from sector 1068034 to 3829762

thanks Davidflor!
thanks all of you!
Old 08-01-2013, 02:00 AM   #9
met67
Connoisseur
met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.met67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by meggyblue View Post
4. with a hex editor (HDX) I copied from the old image of the SD damaged the first 9.5 MB unallocaded space and recoveryfs
5. try sd on kobo mini, and it starts!!
6. I creatie a new image of the sd
7. i made a factory reset for safety
Note that when you make a factory reset the partitions for rootfs and user VFAT are formatted and populated from a targz archive that is stored in the recovery fs.
This mean that, since you used the original recoveryfs, your SD should now be virtually identical to the original one!
Old 08-08-2014, 01:21 AM   #10
meloser
meloser began at the beginning.

Device: kobo N705
model N705 image

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
You might contact kleko.
I would like the image and instructions if you still have it or info on how to get it plz.
Old 08-08-2014, 03:43 AM   #11
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 12-03-2023, 05:35 PM   #12
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Thread closed. Please use the Kobo µSD Card Image Requests to request images.
Closed Thread

Tags
kobo mini brick, solved