Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-31-2019, 10:28 PM   #1861
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Just looked at the plugin, and the released version hasn't been updated for Qt5. You posted an updated version with the Qt5 update. Maybe it should be released.
Oops!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 09:33 AM   #1862
Phoebus
Phoebus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I keep getting the same error on one of my Macs and can't transfer books. However I can transfer it on another Mac (not as convenient to sync books with though).

I have uninstalled/reinstalled or disabled Kobo plugins, including Kobo Touch and KoboTouchExtended, reopened Calibre.

Using Calibre 3.44 on both Macs and Kobo OS 4.15.12920.

Driving me mad why one works and the other doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
Trying to send a book to the device fails with the original error, viz

Code:
calibre, version 3.42.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

'bool' object has no attribute 'startswith'

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 89, in run
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 593, in _upload_books
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver", line 399, in upload_books
  File "site-packages/calibre/devices/kobo/driver.py", line 2087, in upload_books
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver", line 313, in _modify_epub
  File "lib/python2.7/posixpath.py", line 254, in expanduser
AttributeError: 'bool' object has no attribute 'startswith'
Calibre's debug log is attached, showing the failure to Send to Device.

If my plugin preferences are somehow screwed up, where do they live on disk so that I can try and clean them up?
Phoebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2019, 10:39 AM   #1863
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoebus View Post
I keep getting the same error on one of my Macs and can't transfer books. However I can transfer it on another Mac (not as convenient to sync books with though).

I have uninstalled/reinstalled or disabled Kobo plugins, including Kobo Touch and KoboTouchExtended, reopened Calibre.

Using Calibre 3.44 on both Macs and Kobo OS 4.15.12920.

Driving me mad why one works and the other doesn't.
The problem is in the configuration for the driver. You can try editing the file "device_drivers_KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED.py.json" which is in the the calibre configuration directory. Find the line with "file_copy_dir". I'm expecting that on that line after the colon will be either "true" or "false" (without quotes). Change that to just two double quotes and save the file. That should fix it.

Alternatively, delete the files "device_drivers_KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED.py.json" and "device_drivers_KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED.py". You will need to reconfigure the driver if you do this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 02:30 PM   #1864
apgimenez
apgimenez began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
I can not transfer on my Mac. Using Calibre 3.44 and Kobo OS 4.15.12920.
Here it is the trace:
Quote:
calibre, version 3.44.0
ERROR: Error: Error en la comunicación con el dispositivo

Fallo al procesar 'El soberano del Nilo' del autor 'Wilbur Smith' con el error: '' (archivo: calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container, línea: 336)

File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 399, in upload_books
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 291, in _modify_epub
InvalidEPub: Fallo al procesar 'El soberano del Nilo' del autor 'Wilbur Smith' con el error: '' (archivo: calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container, línea: 336)
apgimenez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 03:48 PM   #1865
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by apgimenez View Post
At this time, there are some issues with the KoboTouchExtended driver and calibre's move to using python3.

Could you run calibre in debug mode and post the debug log (wrap it in spoiler tags) or attach it as a text file?

To restart calibre in debug mode, right-click the preferences buttons and click on restart in debug mode. Connect your ereader and go through your usual procedure to transfer an ebook. When you have done this, close calibre and the debug log will be shown. You can either post this wrapped in spoiler tags or attach it as a text file to your message.

To wrap spoiler tags around a text block, select the text and then click on the eyeball with an X between the YouTube and Maps icons.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2019, 08:55 PM   #1866
woogli
woogli began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura one
Issue sending books to kobo aura (not had one before)

Hi all, I'm at a loss. I have been using calibre for years with no issue, but for some reason I can no longer send books to my device (kobo aura one). I've got the plugin (kobo touch extended) installed etc... but I'm getting the following error... Sorry I'm not sure where I should post this question, I hope this is the right place.

calibre, version 3.44.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

'bool' object has no attribute 'startswith'

File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 399, in upload_books
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 313, in _modify_epub
File "lib/python2.7/posixpath.py", line 254, in expanduser
AttributeError: 'bool' object has no attribute 'startswith'
woogli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 09:04 PM   #1867
woogli
woogli began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura one
Sorry everyone ... I am new to this forum and posted this thread in the wrong place... i understand now it belongs in the kobo touch extended thread, but I don't see a way to delete the post/thread. Sorry for the spam.
woogli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 09:33 PM   #1868
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Here it is the trace:
Code:
calibre, version 3.44.0
ERROR: Error: Error en la comunicación con el dispositivo

Fallo al procesar 'El soberano del Nilo' del autor 'Wilbur Smith' con el error: '' (archivo: calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container, línea: 336)

File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 291, in _modify_epub
InvalidEPub: Fallo al procesar 'El soberano del Nilo' del autor 'Wilbur Smith' con el error: '' (archivo: calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container, línea: 336)
The problem is the book, not the driver. The last line tells you there is a problem with it. You need to fix that and resend. Or there are options in the driver for what to do when the transformation to kepub fails.

To fix the book, I recommend opening it in the calibre editor and running the error checks. That should tell you what the problem is so that you can fix it.
Old 06-03-2019, 08:03 AM   #1869
Phoebus
Phoebus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
The problem is in the configuration for the driver. You can try editing the file "device_drivers_KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED.py.json" which is in the the calibre configuration directory. Find the line with "file_copy_dir". I'm expecting that on that line after the colon will be either "true" or "false" (without quotes). Change that to just two double quotes and save the file. That should fix it.

Alternatively, delete the files "device_drivers_KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED.py.json" and "device_drivers_KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED.py". You will need to reconfigure the driver if you do this.
Thank you, deleting the files fixed it. Interestingly neither my macbook nor my main Mac have these files in this directory any more.
Phoebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 10:21 AM   #1870
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoebus View Post
Thank you, deleting the files fixed it. Interestingly neither my macbook nor my main Mac have these files in this directory any more.
That usually means you haven't changed the configuration for the driver. And "device_drivers_KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED.py" is no longer used.
Old 06-03-2019, 10:55 AM   #1871
apgimenez

Conversion Log

I run calibre ebook editor for errors. It did not found any error in this ebook.
Attached Files
File Type: zip tmppVjEca.txt.zip (6.3 KB, 144 views)
Old 06-03-2019, 11:58 AM   #1872
apgimenez

Quote:
The problem is the book, not the driver. The last line tells you there is a problem with it. You need to fix that and resend. Or there are options in the driver for what to do when the transformation to kepub fails.

To fix the book, I recommend opening it in the calibre editor and running the error checks. That should tell you what the problem is so that you can fix it.
I have done what you said. Calibre editor did not report any error, so I think that the problem is the driver.
Old 06-03-2019, 05:05 PM   #1873
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
I have done what you said. Calibre editor did not report any error, so I think that the problem is the driver.
Quote:
If I'm reading the above error message correctly it looks like the problem is with line 336 in the container.py file which is
Code:
html = smartyPants(html)
That's the Smarten Punctuation module.

You could uncheck that option in the driver before re-sending that particular book.

Alternatively, if this was my book, before trying to re-send that book, I'd try running calibre's 'Polish' on the book, with the 'Smarten punctuation' option checked, to see whether calibre also reports an error. Or, if you prefer, you could also use the calibre Editor to run Smarten Punctuation. It's on the Tools menu.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 09:34 PM   #1874
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
It could be an error in the driver. But, it is an error being triggered by something in the book. As @jackie_w said, the issue is when it is doing the smarten punctuation. Disabling that option will let the book through. As stated, you can do this by other methods and they might show the error or work properly. Otherwise, we would need to see the book to work out what is wrong.

If the book is legally available somewhere, post a link to it. If not, you can use the ScrambleEbook plugin to scramble the text and allow you to post the book. Otherwise, upload it somewhere safe and send me a PM with the link and I'll have a look at it.
Old 06-04-2019, 03:29 PM   #1875
apgimenez

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
If I'm reading the above error message correctly it looks like the problem is with line 336 in the container.py file which is
Code:
html = smartyPants(html)
That's the Smarten Punctuation module.

You could uncheck that option in the driver before re-sending that particular book.

Alternatively, if this was my book, before trying to re-send that book, I'd try running calibre's 'Polish' on the book, with the 'Smarten punctuation' option checked, to see whether calibre also reports an error. Or, if you prefer, you could also use the calibre Editor to run Smarten Punctuation. It's on the Tools menu.
Thank you so much!!! I uncheck the Smarten Punctuation option and it works fine. Again, thanks a lot!!!

Tags
error, kobo aura one