Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-26-2013, 07:59 AM   #481
leo_CR
leo_CR began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
ok, I'll come around here to catch up.

Thank you
leo_CR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:45 PM   #482
ctm
ctm began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
to clarify the possibilities for the time being :
one can install
- jailbreak (1.8N)
- kindlet-jailbreak
- kindle python
- kindle linkss
- Collection Manager

please confirm, or correct if I'm wrong.
Thanks!
ctm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2013, 02:57 PM   #483
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
please put more info than "kindle", fighting chance then...
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:08 PM   #484
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
JB/KUAL/Python/ScreenSavers (Snapshots only, even the 0.14.N release version of USBNet is subtly broken on the PW2).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-26-2013 at 03:54 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #485
ctm
ctm began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctm View Post
to clarify the possibilities for the time being :
one can install
- jailbreak (1.8N)
- kindlet-jailbreak
- kindle python
- kindle linkss
- Collection Manager

please confirm, or correct if I'm wrong.
Thanks!
ok, in more detail :
- jailbreak (1.8N)
- kindlet-jailbreak-20121029 (I used it on my pw1)
- python-0.3.N...(I used it on my pw1,...now it would be : 0.8.N, right?)
- linkss 0.7.N...(I used it on my pw1,...now it would be : 0.15.N, right?)
- Collection Manager 2.4.2

best regards

Last edited by ctm; 11-26-2013 at 05:34 PM.
ctm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2013, 03:57 PM   #486
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
JB/KUAL/Python/ScreenSavers (Snapshots only, even the 0.14.N release version of USBNet is subtly broken on the PW2).
Emphasis added, because that edit was very late ;p.

No current release officially support the PW2.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:09 AM   #487
diavolino
diavolino is faster than slow light.diavolino is faster than slow light.diavolino is faster than slow light.diavolino is faster than slow light.diavolino is faster than slow light.diavolino is faster than slow light.diavolino is faster than slow light.diavolino is faster than slow light.diavolino is faster than slow light.diavolino is faster than slow light.diavolino is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle Touch
Cool Kindle PW 2 - jb did not work yet ... my model ...

Kindle PW 2 - 5.4.0
Model WiFi/3G
Bought in Germany shipped to Switzerland
Serial B0D7 ...

diavolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:59 AM   #488
Aeris
Developer's Corner Mascot
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.4, Kindle Keyboard 3.4
After being closed, USBNetwork doesn't leave too many traces in background?

Screenshot below of the current state after turning it off
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013_11_27T13_34_45+0100.png
Views:	427
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	115843  
Aeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:19 AM   #489
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@diavolino: Thanks, you provided all the right info in the right way .

Unfortunately, that model's has been supported for a few days now, so you mist be doing something wrong somewhere... .

@Aeris: I see an SSHD, which, yeah, of course is running, it's a daemon, that's the job .

And I see a bunch of sftp processes, which probably means that something is handling sftp like crap on your end of things .

Check with htop in tree mode (or ps faux) to see what's hogging the sftp subsystem.

That, and define 'closed', because without some context it doesn't mean much .
Old 11-27-2013, 09:50 AM   #490
Aeris
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok... maybe I've found...

Could it be that this happen when I don't eject the device from the computer before turning USBNet OFF on the device?
(I'm using wifi)
Old 11-27-2013, 10:36 AM   #491
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Aeris: If you're using WiFi-only (ie. it's always in USBMS mode), whether the device is plugged or no has no impact on anything whatsoever.

In this mode, toggling USBNet only 'toggles' SSHD (again, the daemon itself).

That you have zombie/dangling child processes for the sftp subsystem is another thing, most likely related to how your client(s) deal with sftp.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #492
Aeris

I don't mean physical ejection, but virtual one, i.e. click on the eject button near my device local address... if I do, and only then turn OFF usbnet, it seems to close properly
Old 11-27-2013, 11:24 AM   #493
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Aeris: In what mode? USBMS or USBNET?

Regardless, the state of the device itself has no impact either, although if you do turn USBNet off with connections open, those child processes will not die with the daemon (at least with OpenSSH, but dropbear, too, probably).

(That's by design, otherwise, imagine updating the SSHD on a remote server: if rebooting SSHD killed the child processes/connections, and for some reason the update failed, and the updated service failed to come up => screwed).

So, again, best guess: something on your end is keeping connections open .
Old 11-27-2013, 01:23 PM   #494
Aeris

I'm using USBNet

Quote:
although if you do turn USBNet off with connections open, those child processes will not die with the daemon (at least with OpenSSH, but dropbear, too, probably).
Exact, that's what I'm trying to say :P
Old 11-27-2013, 01:37 PM   #495
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Then yeah, it's by design. Don't leave connections open if you don't want lingering processes ;p.

Tags
5.1.0, 5.2.0, jailbreak, kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, touch