Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-18-2012, 06:59 PM   #1
starbase1
starbase1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Cool [Old Thread] Multiple users of Calibre from 1 PC?

Hello!
I have a kindle, and I got my wife one as well.

Calibre is very handy for getting the most out of them, but can someone please tell me, is it possible for the one install of calibre to have different users?

By which I mean that we have very different reading tastes, and I'd like to separate all my SF and techie news / books from hers.

I do NOT want to set up a separate account account under windows for her is that can possibly be avoided.

Thanks,
Nick
starbase1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:37 PM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
There's a few different ways of doing this - the cleanest would be to setup two different calibre libraries, one for her, one for you. I think it is possible to setup a desktop shortcut to open the relevant library automatically rather than requiring you to manually switch.

Alternatively you could keep all the books in the one library, but use a tag, custom column or some other sort of criteria that you can put into two saved searches - one for you, one for your wife. Then use the "Restriction" dropdown up the top left to restrict the view of books to just those of relevance.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2012, 07:57 PM   #3
starbase1
starbase1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
OK, I tried creating a new library folder - and was pleased to see that the news counts went back to zero, so its obviously storing what to collect with the library.

Looks like that's done it, thank you!
starbase1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:16 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Create three libraries. One for you. One for her. One for both. Then you can avoid duplicate content.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:12 AM   #5
arturg
Zealot
arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 5 (10th gen)
I have done this with a custom column with type of comma seperated values. Then i have mine, hers and mine & hers. Works perfectly without switching libraries.
arturg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert