Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 10:31 AM   #3181
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesterod View Post
why AZW3 over MOBI? im new to kindle
It's a newer format that has a few more features and is the direction Amazon is apparently going. Google has this link on top which explains pretty well.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:37 AM   #3182
jesterod
Enthusiast
jesterod began at the beginning.

Device: iphone-stanza,kindle pw b01b
well damn i already converted my whole library to mobi...
Advert
Old 07-31-2014, 11:08 AM   #3183
AmberDragon
AmberDragon began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
I think I just ran into a small bug - a series on AO3 added a new story so I updated my anthology to grab it. The anthology updated just fine, but the title of the new story wasn't added to the list of titles in the comment field. Bug, or did I just accidentally tick or untick a box somewhere? As a sidenote, is there a way to get rid of the "by <author>" after each title in the generated comment field? Usually every story in a series is by the same author so that bit is pretty redundant.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:18 PM   #3184
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberDragon View Post
I think I just ran into a small bug - a series on AO3 added a new story so I updated my anthology to grab it. The anthology updated just fine, but the title of the new story wasn't added to the list of titles in the comment field. Bug, or did I just accidentally tick or untick a box somewhere? As a sidenote, is there a way to get rid of the "by <author>" after each title in the generated comment field? Usually every story in a series is by the same author so that bit is pretty redundant.
The comment field for anthologies is only set on initial create, not on update. This is a deliberate design decision so you can fill in the series description without worrying about FFDL overwriting it.

Getting rid of the "by <author>" when they're all by the same author is a possibility, but hasn't been a priority for me because I fill the book comment with the series description.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:42 PM   #3185
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New test version with changes submitted by doe5716 to allow support other languages on literotica.

Apparently literotica also supports German, Spanish, Dutch, etc, etc.

If you read literotica, please give it a try and let me know how it works, especially in the other languages.

Thanks.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 08-01-2014 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Advert
Old 07-31-2014, 01:14 PM   #3186
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
@JimmXinu

I have a couple sites for a "wish-list" if you or Cryzed have the time for it.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:14 PM   #3187
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Another test version with changes from doe5716, adding German language site http://bdsm-geschichten.net/.

@Tanjamuse - You may request new sites, but there are no guarantees anyone will ever implement them.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 08-01-2014 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 08-01-2014, 01:47 PM   #3188
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Okay.

Could you maybe make another check-box (similar to "If story already exists") and use default action when updating the books. I hope you understand what I mean.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:50 PM   #3189
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Could you maybe make another check-box (similar to "If story already exists") and use default action when updating the books. I hope you understand what I mean.
No, I don't understand.

Why don't you explain exactly what it is you're trying to accomplish--there's a really good chance it's already possible.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:52 PM   #3190
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I would like to both be able to choose what to do if the story already exists and if I update.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:01 PM   #3191
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
I would like to both be able to choose what to do if the story already exists and if I update.
I still don't understand what you're asking for. I gather that there's a new 'stop and ask me' dialog step, but for what and where? And why would you want it?

Try spelling out exactly what steps you want to be able to perform in what order, what happens to the book(s), and how it differs from what you can do now.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:05 PM   #3192
Tanjamuse
Wizard

In the settings, I would like separate options for when I add a new book and update one.

Also, another rather nice setting, would be if it could recognise url's as another option for what to do if the book already exists. Instead of just title and author. (Like the Find Duplicate login can).
Old 08-01-2014, 02:26 PM   #3193
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
In the settings, I would like separate options for when I add a new book and update one.
Why? What purpose would it serve?

Quote:
Also, another rather nice setting, would be if it could recognise url's as another option for what to do if the book already exists. Instead of just title and author. (Like the Find Duplicate login can).
Your statement doesn't make any sense. How could 'recognition urls' be an option for 'what to do if the book already exists'? It's a method for deciding if the book exists.

And FFDL is supposed to match by identifiers:url first (allowing stories and authors to change name), but it doesn't appear to be working right now.

It's not the first time that the identifiers search has broken from calibre changes and not been noticed for a long time.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:31 PM   #3194
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Why? What purpose would it serve?

Your statement doesn't make any sense. How could 'recognition urls' be an option for 'what to do if the book already exists'? It's a method for deciding if the book exists.

And FFDL is supposed to match by identifiers:url first (allowing stories and authors to change name), but it doesn't appear to be working right now.

It's not the first time that the identifiers search has broken from calibre changes and not been noticed for a long time.
I just thought it would be easier. If you add a new custom column, and have to update the entire library, it would be nice to have that setting already and not have to remember to set it, before you push update.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:55 PM   #3195
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I was jumping the gun trying to blame calibre this time. FFDL wasn't doing some escaping properly before using a regex search.

The attached version corrects the identifier URL search for updates.

I believe this will only make a difference when:

You have more than one book with the same title & authors but different URLs and try to update by URL (I suspect this is Tanjamuse's issue); or,

You are updating by URL a story that has changed title or author name.

@Tanjamuse, you haven't convinced me that there is enough utility to having separate add and update collision(update/overwrite/etc) settings. I think there would be more people confused by it than aided.

This version also makes some changes to way translation files are built. Ideally, there should be no visible difference to users.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 08-02-2014 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Closed Thread