Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-19-2011, 10:58 PM   #1
Sarthak
Sarthak began at the beginning.

Device: none
Arrow Screen Lock on NOOK

I am thinking of buying a nook touch but saw in reviews that it screens locks quite often. Is it true if i buy now or B&N have fixed the problem??
Sarthak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:15 AM   #2
crashed
Connoisseur
crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch
I haven't had any screen lock issues with mine while reading ePubs, side loaded and bought through B&N.

I did have a lock once, but with a large PDF file I side-loaded. I think it's largely due with PDF files, something e-readers aren't exactly friendly with (kindle, nook, or otherwise).

That being said, it's a good reader.
crashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2011, 06:27 AM   #3
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarthak View Post
I am thinking of buying a nook touch but saw in reviews that it screens locks quite often. Is it true if i buy now or B&N have fixed the problem??
The recent 1.1 update seems to have fixed this problem. There are no complaints anymore about this on the B&N forum.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:28 PM   #4
tlo07
tlo07 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I think mine has froze twice since I got it (I bought it very close to the release day). I don't think that is bad at all.
tlo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:14 AM   #5
apeine
Enthusiast
apeine will become famous soon enoughapeine will become famous soon enoughapeine will become famous soon enoughapeine will become famous soon enoughapeine will become famous soon enoughapeine will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook STR
Mine never did. The nook did, though, but it was a bad app. I removed it and it came back to life.
apeine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2011, 11:15 AM   #6
RHWright
Addict
RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOK ST, Nexus 7
My N1E would do something that necessitated a reboot maybe once every three months. Since getting my N2E in early October, I haven't had any lock-ups or other issues that required a reboot.

I would take the online "reviews" that this happens quite often with a grain of salt. Those who don't experience problems rarely take the time to report that everything is fine. Those who are having problems often overgeneralize and give the impression that their issue is happening to most users on a frequent basis.

The N2E is one of the most hassle-free pieces of equipment I have ever owned.
RHWright is offline   Reply With Quote