Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-01-2011, 03:15 PM   #1
rahulm
Zealot
rahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: None
Which case should I get for the Nook Touch?

Hey guys,

My girlfriend is going to buy me a Nook Touch while she visiting relatives in New Jersey. I'd like to get a simple and functional case to go along with it.

My PRS505 came with a fake leather folding case which has served me well over the years. It's nothing fancy, but it works.

I browsed around the B&N site and there are dozens of cases, with varying prices, styles and types. I'm not there to test each one, so I'll have to go by some recommendations. Which ones have you used that you would recommend? I'd prefer to get the cheapest kind, as long as it does the job.

Thanks!
rahulm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 03:29 PM   #2
maxspiderx
maxspiderx began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Take my advise and get the Industriell Cover:

http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Indu...?cds2Pid=36189

I have looked through every single one of them in store and this is by far the lightest and sports the lowest profile of them all. It has a blue ribbon sewn in on the inside cover. Very classy and modest looking.
maxspiderx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2011, 06:23 PM   #3
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
The Industrial is slowly growing on me, but has an issue: if you use the ribbon to support the easel, the Nook screen is too vertical and you can't read well on a table in front of you. If you don't use the ribbon, the easel usually collapses flat. Annoying.

Don't overlook searching Amazon for Nook cases...
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 06:44 PM   #4
maxspiderx

We are talking about a different Industriell case. You must be referring to the Easel version:

http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Indu...%2Bin%2Bcarbon

One problem with the cover I have is that it has polyurethane exterior and it's super easy to attract dust, It's especially noticeable on black.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:41 PM   #5
rahulm
Zealot
rahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Thanks Max,

The first one you linked looks pretty good to me. I'll check Amazon as well, but shipping from Amazon.com to Canada is probably going to be costly.
Advert
Old 07-02-2011, 03:54 AM   #6
pdxreads
Enthusiast
pdxreads doesn't litterpdxreads doesn't litterpdxreads doesn't litter

Device: Nook ST, Color Nook, iPad 2 & 4, Kobo Mini
Check aftermarket cases

Some of the aftermarket cases for the STR already on Amazon are much much less expensive than those at BN, and some look better designed, e.g., I had the same objection to the BN Industrial case: I like that it has a flip cover, but the easel holds the STR in too vertical a position for normal reading.

However, there are a few flip covers on Amazon for the STR that seem to hold it at an appropriate slant. and there's a neoprene sleeve for less than $6.

The Amazon search results: http://amzn.to/kNc44X

Searching on amazon.ca there are several cases for Nook Color-- shouldn't be too long till there's something for the Simple Touch on your side of the border!
pdxreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:50 AM   #7
rahulm
Zealot

Those look pretty good.

I like the way they protect the front of the device inside a pouch.

EDIT: I ordered one. Came up to 22$ with shipping and it'll take 5-10 business days. But I liked its style and coverage best out of all the official covers, so I think it was worth it.

Last edited by rahulm; 07-02-2011 at 12:55 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:51 AM   #8
maxspiderx

Hi Rahulm, which one did you end up getting? If it's one of those Amazon ones, please report back with your impression on the build guality and bulkiness cuz I was eyeing one of those myself and might end up getting one as backup.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:30 AM   #9
rahulm
Zealot

I got the CaseCrown Regal (brown).

It'll be at least a week for shipping, but I'll definitely report back. I'll PM you as well.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:16 PM   #10
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

The CaseLogic is also OK for the price.

Last night I discovered that the ribbon on the Industrial Easel case does a decent job of holding my reading glasses, with the lenses against the case - very handy.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:50 PM   #11
rahulm
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldRick View Post
The CaseLogic is also OK for the price.

Last night I discovered that the ribbon on the Industrial Easel case does a decent job of holding my reading glasses, with the lenses against the case - very handy.
Is the CaseLogic one still okay at 23$? Cause that's how much it came up to with shipping.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:26 AM   #12
EldRick
Evangelist

Yeah - it's about $23-worth. (Not $40+ worth)
Old 07-04-2011, 08:55 AM   #13
linux_author
Connoisseur
linux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Nook Touch, N800
had my simple touch home less than a hour and made a leather cover; starting point was 6.75" x 12" thin hide, scored two lines at spine for a fold, then wet for stamping; reader is held via velcro patch...

cheap, nothing fancy, but serves the purpose
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	st.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	73788  
linux_author is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:19 AM   #14
rahulm
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by linux_author View Post
had my simple touch home less than a hour and made a leather cover; starting point was 6.75" x 12" thin hide, scored two lines at spine for a fold, then wet for stamping; reader is held via velcro patch...

If I tried anything like that, I'd most likely end up burning my house down (somehow).
Old 07-04-2011, 08:16 PM   #15
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by linux_author View Post

Very nice. Do you make other leather goods?
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote