Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-11-2011, 04:06 PM   #1
archiegoodwin
archiegoodwin began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
VOIP?

Can anyone tell me how to get free VOIP on PE?

I installed Fring, and it works fine. I registered for a SIP account with sipgate, and configured it with Fring, and it worked perfectly. I was able to make decent quality VOIP calls, but Sipgate only gives you free service for 30 days, and then you have to pay. I tried installing Tango, but got the (all to frequent message) "app was not installed."

I have both a Google Talk and Google Voice account, but, even though Fring has a Google Talk plug-in, it will not connect to Google Talk. The connection fails every time.

I want FREE VOIP. Any suggestions?

Archie

Last edited by archiegoodwin; 07-11-2011 at 04:09 PM.
archiegoodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:20 PM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Take a look at this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=google+voice.

If that doesn't answer your question, try searching this forum for Google Voice (or even just Voice). I'm pretty sure there's a way. You can also read the Tweaks thread if you want to root your device. I think the tech gurus here have most of the Google connections figured out.

Welcome to the forum! I have to tell you my husband uses your exact name for his gaming avatar. Nero Wolfe fan by any chance??
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2011, 10:45 PM   #3
mokel22
Zealot
mokel22 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
I've been thinking about this for awhile and have yet to try the method used in these instructions that were suggested by another forum member: http://gurnted.wordpress.com/guides/ I triedthe instructions she suggested in her posts, but found it very confusing. Is anyone willing to try this out and set up a nice tutorial on the forum or confirm that the instructions in that blog work (and which one of the two works)? I assue you that many people would appreciate it (I mean c'mon FREE VOIP on the edges).
mokel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:21 PM   #4
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
3cxphone?
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:12 AM   #5
archiegoodwin
archiegoodwin began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
For those who want FREE Voip (after 30 days SipDroid charges per call), see the thread "Free Voip Calling on the Edge devices" in this forum.

And, yes Filark, I am a huge Nero Wolf fan.
archiegoodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2011, 04:37 PM   #6
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I knew it!!

I just finished rereading The Mother Hunt and Over My Dead Body. Gotta love Archie, that household, and Rex Stout's use of language. Just a joy to read!

Filark is offline   Reply With Quote