Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-30-2011, 10:29 AM   #31
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erminio Mostacci View Post
...h. 09.42 ----> battery: 38 % END Test...
10 hours?
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:55 AM   #32
Erminio Mostacci
Connoisseur
Erminio Mostacci began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage eDGe, iRex DR 1000, Cybook Gen3
Lightbulb

Yes about 10 hours. I dont' know if it is normal duration or not.

However in my night test I didn't use at all EE with reader or tablet.
Only app running was Winamp + other default programs.

Only open <---> close with verification of wake up.

I hope to explain well results with my poor English...

Erminio Mostacci is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2011, 11:28 AM   #33
Erminio Mostacci
Connoisseur

Today I confirmed duration on my other EE.
For me it could be interesting to launch always Winamp on bootstrap.
Someone does know the way?
Old 09-04-2011, 04:02 AM   #34
T-virus
T-virus began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage eDGe
My EE did wake up after 2 hours using "power menu" method but the wifi goes haywire. All other functions work well. So it is not a good way to avoid hibernate issue.

As I remembered in another topic, someone said hibernate function rely on a magnetic sensor. So I think if we are unable to disable it, maybe we can remove or block the sensor. If possible that would be the best solution until we can get hibernate function work.
T-virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:41 AM   #35
Wyrlin
Wyrlin began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage eDGe
No more hibernating for my EE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand View Post
I experience same hiberantion issue on my EE (not once on my PE) after upgrading to 2.2 .

I, like many others, have combed the web up and down for an answer. I have to admit I seriously thought to open up my EE and deactivate the hinge switch so that it doesn't know I close it, didn't do it as I couldn't find any EE "autopsy" available to refer to.

But the next best thing I do -and it works great for me- is to use the simple android Winamp. Find a low-bit rate mp3, put your EE to a golden silence and just close it so that LCD shuts down. It keeps the EE on, drains approx 30% of battery in 1 whole workday, so you can use the other 70% acc to your wishes. Doesn't even overheat.

It works great for me, better than wasting time to figure out exotic solutions.

Thanks a lot Armand. This simple remedy has worked for me so far. I just downloaded the mp3 from post #24, and use it on repeat. Works like a charm!
Wyrlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2011, 07:25 AM   #36
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-virus View Post
As I remembered in another topic, someone said hibernate function rely on a magnetic sensor. So I think if we are unable to disable it, maybe we can remove or block the sensor. If possible that would be the best solution until we can get hibernate function work.

I'm not convinced it's the sensor. If it were it wouldn't go into hibernation in the first place. I have owned an EE since May and have had ZERO hibernation problems. Comes out of hibernation whether it has been sitting for 10 minutes or several hours, no difference.

Last edited by obsessed2; 12-15-2011 at 07:58 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:04 AM   #37
diedertimmers
diedertimmers will become famous soon enoughdiedertimmers will become famous soon enoughdiedertimmers will become famous soon enoughdiedertimmers will become famous soon enoughdiedertimmers will become famous soon enoughdiedertimmers will become famous soon enough

Today I wrote a simple app that aquires a partial wakelock. This effectively prevents my Entourage Edge from hibernating. I'm going to look into the event that is triggered to start hibernating and see if I can debug the hibernation issue or build an app that does some alternative hibernation. If anybody is interested in the app I created I can place is on my website, but it still requires some tweaking
diedertimmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:03 PM   #38
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by diedertimmers View Post
Today I wrote a simple app that aquires a partial wakelock. This effectively prevents my Entourage Edge from hibernating. I'm going to look into the event that is triggered to start hibernating and see if I can debug the hibernation issue or build an app that does some alternative hibernation. If anybody is interested in the app I created I can place is on my website, but it still requires some tweaking
When you think it is ready for use let us know. I think many of us EE users would be interested in being able to hibernate our EEs reliably, I know I would.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:35 PM   #39
Erminio Mostacci
Connoisseur

@ diedertimmers

Very good!
Can you share your work & give a link for testing your app when ready?
Many thanks.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:19 PM   #40
birdheh
birdheh began at the beginning.

Device: pocket entourage
My PE hibernates just by closing the cover. It recovers from hibernation properly almost every time. When it has a problem it is that the LCD becomes non-responsive but the E ink side still works fine. When that happens and I am using the LCD I need to reboot. That only happens about 5-10% of the time. I have hibernated many times sequentially without a problem and with minimal power drain. Beats the long boot time.
birdheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:36 AM   #41
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Thank you birdheh, we all know the PE has very few problems when hibernating. Here we are discussing the hibernating problems we see in its big brother the EE which may or may not come out of hibernation. If it doesn't we are forced to take out the battery, wait a while, replace it and then reboot.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:26 PM   #42
diedertimmers
diedertimmers will become famous soon enoughdiedertimmers will become famous soon enoughdiedertimmers will become famous soon enoughdiedertimmers will become famous soon enoughdiedertimmers will become famous soon enoughdiedertimmers will become famous soon enough

Well, Here is the first version for testing. After 4 days I'm quite happy myself. The behavior is more or less as birdheh describes now My Entourage Edge (EE) LCD sometimes locks up, but you can still use the power button to reboot...
Let me know what your mileage is.

Last edited by diedertimmers; 01-01-2012 at 04:27 PM. Reason: fix url
Old 01-02-2012, 07:30 AM   #43
Erminio Mostacci
Connoisseur

GREAT!!! Many thanks.
All right, I tested your app and it perfectly works.
In addiction, I noticed that temperature was low during my long test and battery draining was very low. Maybe it could be interesting to launch always your app at boot (?).
Thanks again and happy new year...
:ò)
Old 01-05-2012, 10:46 PM   #44
froydman
froydman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.froydman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.froydman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.froydman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.froydman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.froydman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.froydman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.froydman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.froydman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.froydman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.froydman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket eDGe
diedertimmers, FANTASTIC! It works for what I need it for. I wanted a way for it not to hibernate but still be able to keep the lid closed when going to and fro. I haven't checked the battery usage yet, but the last couple days (since I got your app), I've turned it on at about 8am, and it runs (obviously with light usage, nothing too crazy, words with friends, chess, and reading PDFs) until about 11pm.

Many many thanks!
froydman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #45
diedertimmers

Hi all,
Happy new year to you all offcource.
I've put up a new version 1.1 that allows you to automatically start the service at boot time.
The link is the same.
Now I'm going to look into reducing battery usage when the lid is closed (It might require a rooted device though).
have fun...

Tags
entourage edge, fix, hibernation issue