Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 01-22-2011, 10:38 PM   #1
tgilmore
Edge User

Reader Screen Brightness

Is there a way to adjust brightness on reader screen alone

Thanks

Old 01-22-2011, 11:18 PM   #2
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgilmore View Post
Is there a way to adjust brightness on reader screen alone

Thanks
Since the reader screen has no back-light it is not possible to adjust. You can use a USB powered book-light to read in low light. This is the feature that makes e-ink attractive to most users, no back-light means no eyestrain.

Advert
Old 01-23-2011, 09:15 AM   #3
t_b
Edge User

I was wondering the same. Haven't studied all possibilities of the device yet so this might be a standard feature. I have difficulties reading one of my pdfs that have text with colours in it. The coloured text is light gray on the reader screen and makes it very hard to read. The ability to read this PDF as 100% black would help a lot.
I am sure there is a workaround (i.e. convert with calibre), but prefer an easier solution.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:23 AM   #4
alefor
Edge User

I have trouble with some of my pdf's as well, and for those, I just read them on the Tablet side (with RepliGo). Great to see the colors, and everything is brighter, but reading on the eInk side is easier so I reserve this for the pdf's that just don't work well on the eInk.