Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 05-17-2011, 06:51 AM   #1
sasidharan87
sasidharan87 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Question my cell phone battery ends up dry, Effective travel charger?

I travel a lot and most of the times my cell phone ends up dry. Am looking for an effective travel charger, someone please suggest?

: blink:

:h elp:

Last edited by sasidharan87; 05-17-2011 at 06:54 AM.
sasidharan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:26 AM   #2
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Unfortunately I have not found a sufficent charger myself. Cell phone chargers, unfortunately are proprietary still at this point. What I do is that I keep two chargers, one at work and one at home, the home one charges the phone while I am in bed while the other one charges the phone around lunch time. Poor network coverage is often a contributor to this siutation.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2011, 07:30 AM   #3
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
Unfortunately I have not found a sufficent charger myself. Cell phone chargers, unfortunately are proprietary still at this point. What I do is that I keep two chargers, one at work and one at home, the home one charges the phone while I am in bed while the other one charges the phone around lunch time. Poor network coverage is often a contributor to this siutation.
Not entirely true... First of all, a lot of modern ones use either micro or mini USB. Even my phone does (and it's not a smart phone). And my other phones have a general plug which often are in the array of plugs available for a generic charger.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:27 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
There are two choices in battery chargers. One is a car charger, these are pretty easy to find. The second is another battery in a box that can be used to charge the phone. The battery in a box is usually also rechargeable separately but some really cheap ons just use AA cells. Both will work depending on your needs.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:53 AM   #5
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
All answer are very true.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert