Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-04-2011, 12:57 PM   #1
pmlawson
pmlawson began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Can't get Android Market on NC running Honeycomb 3.0

So...

I finally have the NC I was hoping for! I have installed Honeycomb to a mini sd card 8gb class 6, and it works great! I have installed Amazon Marketplace but cannot connect to Android Marketplace to download the B&N app.!! I am totally frustrated! I have downloaded the ADB & SDK installers, but I will be honest, I haven't quite grasped how the ADB files and the "packages" work.

Any enlightenment here would be appreciated!
pmlawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:14 PM   #2
pmlawson

3 days, 69 views and no responses? This forum is leaving me without a warm and fuzzies?

Last edited by pmlawson; 04-06-2011 at 04:13 PM.
Advert
Old 04-06-2011, 09:17 PM   #3
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmlawson View Post
So...

I finally have the NC I was hoping for! I have installed Honeycomb to a mini sd card 8gb class 6, and it works great! I have installed Amazon Marketplace but cannot connect to Android Marketplace to download the B&N app.!! I am totally frustrated! I have downloaded the ADB & SDK installers, but I will be honest, I haven't quite grasped how the ADB files and the "packages" work.
You are probably in a bit over your head then. Knowing how to use ADB is fundamental to any serious Android hacking. If you are willing to try Gingerbread instead of the not-ready-for prime-time Honeycomb, you could try the following the detailed install instructions here.

http://quinxy.com/2011/04/01/complet...he-nook-color/

Those instructions will give you a complete SD card install including the Google apps (Market, etc.)
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:20 PM   #4
pmlawson

Thanks Dave.

I have also found a helpful link here.

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/...beginners-gui/
Old 04-07-2011, 02:29 PM   #5
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmlawson View Post
Thanks Dave.

I have also found a helpful link here.

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/...beginners-gui/

Great!!

There are a few tools out there that make use of the Android Debug Bridge (ADB), and that might help ease the command line anxiety that some folks have. One of my current favorite tools on a running system is called MyPhoneExplorer. It can operate via USB, WiFi, or Bluetooth.
http://www.fjsoft.at/en/
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2011, 06:52 PM   #6
pmlawson

I finally realized, it would help to (cd) change drives before I try to push any APK on to the NC. lol....

But reading other posts, including yours, I'm contemplating wiping my honeycomb off my SD card, and installing the current Gingerbread OS.

I think I'll see how the APK push goes!
Old 04-15-2011, 02:50 PM   #7
jasoraso
Addict
jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch, Nook Color (rooted) and Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Let me also suggest you really give CM7 a go. Honeycomb is cool, but there are still a lot of little issues. For a daily driver, CM7 w/ gingerbread is perfect. And you won't have to hassle with market issues etc.

On your first flash you will need to flash both the CM7 ROM and the GAPPS (google apps which installs the market) unless you install a "customized" CM7 rom which may already include the GApps.

but learning to use adb IS a great idea, but if you go with CM7, you can do so at your leisure, AFTER your NC is all setup!
jasoraso is offline   Reply With Quote