Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-11-2010, 07:40 AM   #1
ricsmania
Connoisseur
ricsmania began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi
Thumbs up Kindle 3 - full Whispernet in Brazil enabled!

Hello,

Yesterday my Kindle 3 Wifi + 3G arrived here in Brazil. It was quite fast, it shipped on tuesday and arrived on friday.

I'm loving it, I already tested everything to make sure it was working properly (especially under bright sunlight).

But what surprised me the most is that there is full Whispernet access over 3G. Any website works, not just Amazon and Wikipedia. I thought full internet was US-only!

That alone is worth the price of my Kindle, which was quite expensive actually, US$ 409, because of the insane taxes we have.

And the browser itself also surprised me, it does a very good job of rendering complex web pages and I find it very fast, especially comparing to a few Kindle 2 videos I saw.

One thing I didn't like much is the keyboard, mainly because the bottom row is displaced to the left (there should be a shift key left of the Z key), so that makes touch typing difficult. But I think it's a matter of getting used to it.

Well, just wanted to let you know. In case there is someone else from Brazil interested, get the 3G version, it's more than worth it.
ricsmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:50 PM   #2
mi.anze
mi.anze began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricsmania View Post
Hello,

Yesterday my Kindle 3 Wifi + 3G arrived here in Brazil. It was quite fast, it shipped on tuesday and arrived on friday.

I'm loving it, I already tested everything to make sure it was working properly (especially under bright sunlight).

But what surprised me the most is that there is full Whispernet access over 3G. Any website works, not just Amazon and Wikipedia. I thought full internet was US-only!

That alone is worth the price of my Kindle, which was quite expensive actually, US$ 409, because of the insane taxes we have.

And the browser itself also surprised me, it does a very good job of rendering complex web pages and I find it very fast, especially comparing to a few Kindle 2 videos I saw.

One thing I didn't like much is the keyboard, mainly because the bottom row is displaced to the left (there should be a shift key left of the Z key), so that makes touch typing difficult. But I think it's a matter of getting used to it.

Well, just wanted to let you know. In case there is someone else from Brazil interested, get the 3G version, it's more than worth it.
Tks a lot!!
mi.anze is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2011, 07:33 PM   #3
Histerius
Zealot
Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3 - Galaxy Tab 10.1
Glad you are happy with your K3B
Histerius is offline   Reply With Quote