Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-02-2011, 08:50 PM   #1
ecordes
FireGuy
ecordes began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700
Problem installing e-book library

It has been several months since I tried to install the updated version of Sony's e-book library. I am using Windows 7 on an hp laptop. It downloads and gets to the install button. When pushed the areo circle starts and will not go any farther. I have left it for over 12 hours and it is still stuck. Task manager says it is 'running' and it is, but to no avail. I am afraid I will not be able to use my PRS-700 or my grandson's old 500(I think) until I have the new software. What do I need to do?
ecordes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:17 PM   #2
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Welcome to MobileRead, ecordes. Nobody has responded to your post so I think the best recommendation might be to call Sony technical support and have them walk you through the uninstall / reinstall process.

If you grandson has the PRS-500, then I'm not sure if it will work on your Windows 7 laptop without a firmware update. To get the firmware update, then you need to send the ereader into Sony to have them do it.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert