Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-02-2011, 09:58 AM   #1
Cpl Punishment
Guru
Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad 103rd Gen
Built in EPUB reader in Calibre

I cannot open any epub in Calibre am I missing a plug-in...?? I can open MOBI ect, but not epub...or are the epub's bad in some way...??
Cpl Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:14 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl Punishment View Post
I cannot open any epub in Calibre am I missing a plug-in...?? I can open MOBI ect, but not epub...or are the epub's bad in some way...??
KP for you for not providing useful information about your setup;

Please read (again?)
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...85&postcount=1 and tell us about: you OS,Calibre Version
AND any messages or unexpected behavior when you try and open Your EPUB.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2011, 10:40 AM   #3
Cpl Punishment
Guru
Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
KP for you for not providing useful information about your setup;

Please read (again?)
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...85&postcount=1 and tell us about: you OS,Calibre Version
AND any messages or unexpected behavior when you try and open Your EPUB.
Let me rephrase...Does the built-in reader in Calibre read Epubs...Simple enuf....
Old 02-02-2011, 10:59 AM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Yes, it does.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:08 AM   #5
Cpl Punishment
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
Yes, it does.
Thank-You......Now I can trouble shoot...
Advert
Old 02-02-2011, 03:29 PM   #6
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Well, theducks answer was aimed at helping you troubleshoot. Since you obviously don't want that, you get the relatively unhelpful answer you got.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:00 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You now have 2 Mods frowning at you.

My post implied the EPUB should work and a request for you to POST the error.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:35 PM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Let me rephrase...Does the built-in reader in Calibre read Epubs...Simple enuf....
Essentially the viewer in calibre only views ePubs. All other formats are converted to that basic structure before being presented in the calibre viewer. The viewer though can not view any book that uses DRM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:10 PM   #9
Cpl Punishment
Guru

Quote:
You now have 2 Mods frowning at you.

My post implied the EPUB should work and a request for you to POST the error.

Ummm sorry if I was misunderstood in my question or my thanks for the answer....I just wanted to know if Calibre reads epubs..Nothing sinister, or disrespectful...Once I was told that it does, I delved into it further and found all book types were actually checked off in the viewer settings except the epub which was not readily visible until i scrolled to see it, but wouldn't have known to look unless I knew if it read them or not....

Last edited by Cpl Punishment; 02-02-2011 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:18 PM   #10
Cpl Punishment
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
Well, theducks answer was aimed at helping you troubleshoot. Since you obviously don't want that, you get the relatively unhelpful answer you got.
Im not sure what or why you are responding the way you are...You answered my question that it did, and I was grateful....AM I missing something...??

Last edited by Cpl Punishment; 02-02-2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:47 PM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Once I was told that it does, I delved into it further and found all book types were actually checked off in the viewer settings except the epub which was not readily visible until i scrolled to see it, but wouldn't have known to look unless I knew if it read them or not....

Well, you got it working.
The question that bothers me now, is how a standard, out of the box, default got changed without you knowing.? (Gremlins?)
Old 02-02-2011, 08:55 PM   #12
Cpl Punishment
Guru

Quote:
Well, you got it working.
The question that bothers me now, is how a standard, out of the box, default got changed without you knowing.? (Gremlins?)
I have no doubt I am the gremlin...I tend to tinker...I dont ever remember even seeing those options, but I musta screwed it up....
Old 02-04-2011, 08:59 AM   #13
Stumbl
Thread Killer
Stumbl began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
LOL

I've done that a time or twelve!!
Stumbl is offline   Reply With Quote