Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-02-2007, 09:23 PM   #1
Raventhon
Raventhon began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Voyage
Renaming files in the CONNECT Reader

I've got some books with interesting titles -- For example, Terry Goodkind's Naked Empire is returning a title within CONNECT Reader (And thus, on my PRS-500) of CHAPTER1, with author Adam SongAdam Song. What would I change to get the proper titles?
Raventhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 09:40 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raventhon
I've got some books with interesting titles -- For example, Terry Goodkind's Naked Empire is returning a title within CONNECT Reader (And thus, on my PRS-500) of CHAPTER1, with author Adam SongAdam Song. What would I change to get the proper titles?
What is the original format of this book? Did you "Download it" or did you purchase it? We can't help you if it's an illegal copy.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2007, 11:58 PM   #3
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
What format is it?
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 01:00 AM   #4
Raventhon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaping Gnome
What format is it?
.rtf.

I'm wondering where in the file CONNECT pulls the author and title information from, as I can't find that information anywhere in the text of the document, and it sure isn't the Windows Title and Author information.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:07 AM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
The simplest way to add metadata (title, author, etc.) to an RTF is to open it in Word and add the info under File=>Properties.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2007, 09:27 AM   #6
Raventhon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
The simplest way to add metadata (title, author, etc.) to an RTF is to open it in Word and add the info under File=>Properties.
Do you know if OpenOffice.org supports this? When viewing the metadata, there's no field for Author, simply name.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:27 AM   #7
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I'm also almost positive that when we were first discussing this, someone came up with instructions for editing the RTF file as a text file, to change the metadata. But you'll have to do some searching to find that alternative unless someone remembers where it is, or who came up with that.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:30 AM   #8
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Okay, here's some info. And Nathan was one of the contributers, of course! ;-)
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11040
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 03:46 PM   #9
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I know I got it from someone else, originally, but I couldnt' say as I recall who that was.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote