Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-04-2010, 03:11 PM   #1
Ayle
Enthusiast
Ayle began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 650
Smile PDF covers not showing

I have a couple of pdfs, and added the covers in calibre.
They covers show in calibre, both in library and device, but they don't show in the thumbnails in my 650 reader. Anyway to force them to show?
Thanks!
Ayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:49 PM   #2
boxcorner
»(°±°)«
boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: divisive reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayle View Post
I have a couple of pdfs, and added the covers in calibre.
They covers show in calibre, both in library and device, but they don't show in the thumbnails in my 650 reader. Anyway to force them to show?
Thanks!
I couldn't get Calibre to transfer them either, so I used Copy & Paste.

Assuming that your OS recognises the e-reader as a drive, locate the folder called thumbnail thus:

database > thumbnail > database > media > books

Each book has a folder containing its thumbnail, under books

The file is called main_thumbnail.jpg
boxcorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2010, 04:26 PM   #3
Ayle
Enthusiast

I forced a conversion to get the covers, but does anyone know a cleaner way to put the covers on pdfs with calibre? thx
Old 11-05-2010, 03:32 AM   #4
boxcorner
»(°±°)«
boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: divisive reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayle View Post
I forced a conversion to get the covers ...
What do you mean? How did you achieve that?
boxcorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:51 AM   #5
Ayle
Enthusiast

Right click on the book, send to device, send specific format ---> Epub
Though If the pdf was only image (direct scan) I guess it would be no good, plus I'm guessing the formatting is not quite 1:1 on the conversion. But yeah it means I get to use calibre covers so for now, its ok.
Advert