Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-18-2024, 03:14 PM   #31
KetchupCider
KetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheese

Device: Paperwhite 4, Paperwhite 5 SE
Quick update, I tried changing back to 300ms and rebooting, then exited KUAL to see if it worked. It looks like it didn't work unfortunately, but for now I'm at least relieved that a reboot lands you automatically in the Library tab and not in the Home tab.

Since this script is stored within the upstart folder, it makes sense that it would execute at startup - so there may still be some other tweaks that can be done to run this as a polling script, like running it with cron for example.
KetchupCider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 03:53 PM   #32
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
I don't know about KUAL, but for KOReader you can try adding this lipc command I mentioned before to the end of the koreader/koreader.sh file, where it starts to exit from things.
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 08:47 PM   #33
KetchupCider
KetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheeseKetchupCider can extract oil from cheese

Device: Paperwhite 4, Paperwhite 5 SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
I don't know about KUAL, but for KOReader you can try adding this lipc command I mentioned before to the end of the koreader/koreader.sh file, where it starts to exit from things.
That's a really good call! Now that I think about it, the only ways I've seen to get to that Home tab (aside from manually clicking on it) are from a fresh boot, exiting KOReader, and exiting KUAL or other similar application.

We seem to have a solid workaround to skip to the Library on fresh boot with the upstart script from Sentenced, and your fix for the koreader/koreader.sh file worked when I tested it (changed two references from com.lab126.booklet.home to com.lab126.KPPMainApp?view=KPP_LIBRARY).

I'm fairly new to the scene here, so I'm not sure how active the KUAL development is. But I'm going to try and reach out to the developer to see if an option can be included in KUAL (and same with the developer for KOReader, for that matter) to exit directly to the Library tab instead of the Home tab.

The only other place I've seen the Home tab show up is from some jailbreak apps, like updating KOReader from the OTA option within settings. But this display is only temporary and you can't interact with it, as other text is being displayed over the screen while it updates.
KetchupCider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
launcher, library, paperwhite 5, registration