Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-03-2023, 03:29 PM   #1
mirmite
mirmite began at the beginning.

Device: boox c67
Storytel reader? boox c67

first of all, hi there first post here

so i have this storytel reader, that i cant use anymore because storytel bricked it with an update, so i started with opening it and noticed on the mother board it says boox_c67_rk3026 v1.76.

Then i started googling and found this site and a russian site with information about boox and software to flash the rockchip, so i tested around and found that the darwin4 full firmware was able to boot the device, but the issua was that the touch screen and the buttons didnt work. so that is probebly the wrong firmware.

so my question here is, does anybody know or recognice the motherbord ? what boox device and version is this and what firmware do i need to get it working propperly again

mirmite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 09:11 PM   #2
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
If this is a Russian-market based Onyx C67, this forum might help you a little: https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?showtopic=678336

There are a bunch of variants of C67, like Darwin, Magellan in multiple versions, etc. try to find one that has closer specs.
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 09:13 PM   #3
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
There is also this thread I found by “onyx boox c67 rk3026”: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=275863

Don’t know if it helps.
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 01:24 PM   #4
mirmite

hi there thanks for the links!
unfortunately the link to the russian side is where i found the full firmware for the darwin4, and thats the closest one i have gotten to work, i dont think its a russian branded device that storytel has reebrandend yet again

and the other link dont have any full firmwares to download
Old 11-06-2023, 05:17 PM   #5
mirmite

i have found a firmware that is somewhat right

only issue is that the touchscreen dont work, it seems that i have the 176 hardware

Old 11-06-2023, 06:14 PM   #6
cellaris
Addict
cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Tolino, Bookeen, Onyx Boox, Boyue.
I had all the C67 series and I still have a couple of images of the original firmware, but I don't remember which model they belonged to. Here are the links in case they might be useful for you.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KdL...w?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oZP...w?usp=drivesdk
cellaris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 08:19 AM   #7
ntherning
ntherning began at the beginning.

Device: Storytel Reader
Hi,

Another Storytel Reader user here. I have just started a project at https://github.com/ntherning/StorytelReaderMods for gathering info about modding the Storytel Reader, e.g. how to use rkflashtool to reflash partitions. The github project also hosts patched boot partition images for both generations of the SR. These enable ADB debugging and root the device. Anyways, not sure it helps you but it would be awesome to have some replicate my instructions and verify that the patching work.

I have backups of the different partitions before I modded my devices. You should be able to use those to get your device back to a working state and running the stock Storytel firmware. Just let me know in a private message.

BTW, what are all those wires for? Did you mod your device physically to reflash it?
ntherning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 09:04 AM   #8
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntherning View Post
BTW, what are all those wires for?
I'm guessing that they were used to connect an SD card.
I'm not sure if the length of the wires were a problem.
I prefer shorter wires.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sdcard.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	475.9 KB
ID:	204692  
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 10:30 AM   #9
jvscholz
jvscholz began at the beginning.

Device: glowlight 4
Quote:
Hi,

Another Storytel Reader user here. I have just started a project at https://github.com/ntherning/StorytelReaderMods for gathering info about modding the Storytel Reader, e.g. how to use rkflashtool to reflash partitions. The github project also hosts patched boot partition images for both generations of the SR. These enable ADB debugging and root the device. Anyways, not sure it helps you but it would be awesome to have some replicate my instructions and verify that the patching work.

I have backups of the different partitions before I modded my devices. You should be able to use those to get your device back to a working state and running the stock Storytel firmware. Just let me know in a private message.

BTW, what are all those wires for? Did you mod your device physically to reflash it?
Amazing project, I followed your instructions and installed Koreader on my Storytel, thanks! Do you know if there's a way to control the frontlight? cheers

Last edited by jvscholz; 11-17-2023 at 10:32 AM.
jvscholz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 04:17 AM   #10
ntherning
ntherning began at the beginning.

Device: Storytel Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvscholz View Post
Amazing project, I followed your instructions and installed Koreader on my Storytel, thanks! Do you know if there's a way to control the frontlight? cheers
You can turn on/off the frontlight by long pressing the orange button. The only way to control the brightness and color temp (only available on the 2nd gen device) is through the settings inside the Storytel Reader app. Unfortunately you need to sign in first with a valid Storytel account. Once you have set the brightness/color temp it will be retained when you reboot.

I will see if I can find/make an app for controlling the frontlight settings...
ntherning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 06:17 AM   #11
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
I have an app already for colored front lights for Onyx and B&N.
It probably won't set the saved values correctly since I've never seen a Storytel.
It might not even change the color.
It's on my webpage, Lights-1.0.apk
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 09:30 AM   #12
jvscholz

Quote:
You can turn on/off the frontlight by long pressing the orange button. The only way to control the brightness and color temp (only available on the 2nd gen device) is through the settings inside the Storytel Reader app. Unfortunately you need to sign in first with a valid Storytel account. Once you have set the brightness/color temp it will be retained when you reboot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
It probably won't set the saved values correctly since I've never seen a Storytel.
Thanks Renate! I installed the app and it works great! Does your wallpaper app set the standby screen of eink devices? cheers

edit: nevermind, it doesn't
Old 11-18-2023, 09:37 AM   #13
jvscholz

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Thanks Renate! Your app works great—cheers
Old 01-14-2024, 02:45 PM   #14
mirmite

hello everyone sorry for being away

yes i did test solder a sd card to it, but i soldered a sd card reader instead now

Tags
boox, c67, storytel