Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-01-2024, 07:26 PM   #1
smittyuk
smittyuk began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Is jailbreak on 5.12.2.1.1 possible

Hi all,

I've been looking at the various guides for the Kindlebreak and LanguageBreak jailbreaks but so far do not appear to have gotten either to work.

Any thoughts on whether this is even possible at this firmware without opening the device up?

Thanks
smittyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 05:27 AM   #2
november
november began at the beginning.

Device: PW2, K3, KT
5.12.2.1.1 PW2 Woes

Hello,

I was able to jailbreak my PW2 on 5.12.2.1.1 recently by following the KindleBreak thread, so I believe it is possible. Do you have a "kindlebreak_log.txt" in your root USB directory? If you do not, then I would retrace your steps in the KindleBreak thread and make sure that the files from "jb-kindlebreak.zip" ended up in the right place and that you typed "file:///mnt/us/kindlebreak.html" correctly.

I successfully installed KUAL and MRPI, but I have been having troubles installing much else, like NiLuJe's 5.x USB networking or screensavers hacks, or KOReader. MRPI doesn't seem to want to touch the .bin files I put in "/mrpackages" and KOReader doesn't do anything after I try to open it. So yeah, I am also somewhat stuck, and would appreciate clarification if anyone more experienced is reading this thread
november is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pw2