Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-21-2023, 08:28 AM   #2131
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by innocenat View Post
So I shouldn't be surprised if there are FW 5.15.1.2 in a few days?
They don't even need to do that.

eta: At least they haven't in the past. The tools would stop working the next day without any Kindle update.

Last edited by lkmiller; 06-21-2023 at 08:34 AM.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 11:10 AM   #2132
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by innocenat View Post
So I shouldn't be surprised if there are FW 5.15.1.2 in a few days?
The changes are already buried in the firmware so no need for a new release. To quote @jhowell:
Quote:
Whenever a new version of the DeDRM plugin has been released that breaks KFX DRM, Amazon has immediately switched to a different DRM scheme already implemented and ready to go in Kindle reader software
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 03:21 PM   #2133
rainrdx
Connoisseur
rainrdx can differentiate black from dark navy bluerainrdx can differentiate black from dark navy bluerainrdx can differentiate black from dark navy bluerainrdx can differentiate black from dark navy bluerainrdx can differentiate black from dark navy bluerainrdx can differentiate black from dark navy bluerainrdx can differentiate black from dark navy bluerainrdx can differentiate black from dark navy bluerainrdx can differentiate black from dark navy bluerainrdx can differentiate black from dark navy bluerainrdx can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sats View Post
Out of curiosity, did anybody try my modifications to dedrm plugins? They (and running debugger on Kindle) seemed easier than installing bluestacks to me, though I have little to no idea if they work for anybody else.
FWIW, I also have a fork with them, though i do not intend to maintain it.
Thank you. Can confirm that it works very well!
rainrdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 08:57 PM   #2134
Sats
Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The changes are already buried in the firmware so no need for a new release. To quote @jhowell:
I have no idea what is in Kindle firmware, since I don't have one. I only modified tools to work with Kindle for PC/Mac. From what I can tell, they did not add any new "versions" that were not in the tools already (~13 "keys" and 3 scramble algos that they can combine at will). But I cannot be sure. And I am not sure I got the third scramble correctly implemented, since I could not test it. We'll see, I guess. (3rd scramble is only in a fork)
Sats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 10:14 PM   #2135
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
I have no idea what is in Kindle firmware, since I don't have one. I only modified tools to work with Kindle for PC/Mac. From what I can tell, they did not add any new "versions" that were not in the tools already (~13 "keys" and 3 scramble algos that they can combine at will). But I cannot be sure. And I am not sure I got the third scramble correctly implemented, since I could not test it. We'll see, I guess. (3rd scramble is only in a fork)
As far as I can tell Kindle e-readers and apps all have the same DRM. I believe that your third scramble is correct and should handle KFX DRM up to V28 with some exceptions due to incorrect keys in the key table. But there are ten more DRM schemes implemented with far more complicated algorithms and those are going to be much harder to defeat.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 12:37 AM   #2136
Sats
Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
As far as I can tell Kindle e-readers and apps all have the same DRM. I believe that your third scramble is correct and should handle KFX DRM up to V28 with some exceptions due to incorrect keys in the key table. But there are ten more DRM schemes implemented with far more complicated algorithms and those are going to be much harder to defeat.
Another ten? Do you mean V9708, etc? They are in the key table. Or do you mean some other ones that use a different mechanism? If so, I would need a book with those if I were to take a look.
Old 06-22-2023, 02:16 AM   #2137
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Another ten? Do you mean V9708, etc? They are in the key table. Or do you mean some other ones that use a different mechanism? If so, I would need a book with those if I were to take a look.
I have enabled PMs for Sats.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 03:19 AM   #2138
Sats

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I have enabled PMs for Sats.
Thank you.
Old 06-22-2023, 10:22 AM   #2139
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Another ten? Do you mean V9708, etc? They are in the key table. Or do you mean some other ones that use a different mechanism?
Yes, I was referring to V9708 through V5683. Amazon uses stronger DRM for some books. That includes some expensive textbooks published by Pearson and some books published in English by Random House India.

Quote:
If so, I would need a book with those if I were to take a look.
An example that was mentioned earlier in this thread is I Hear You by Nidhi Upadhyay. The enhanced DRM applies even to the free sample. I tried your plugin on that and it did not work.

Last edited by jhowell; 06-23-2023 at 04:27 PM.
Old 06-22-2023, 11:15 AM   #2140
Sats

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Yes, I was referring to V9708 through V5683.
An example that was mentioned earlier in this thread is I Hear You by Nidhi Upadhyay. The enhanced DRM applies even to the free sample. I tried your plugin on that and it did not work.
Ohh, you are right Well, if I have an example, I'll take a look later, as I said in PM.
Old 06-23-2023, 04:19 AM   #2141
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
I'm having a problem using Download and Transfer with two recent purchases. I didn't have issues last March using this method.

1) I purchased the books for my Kindle PW4. One cost money, and one was free.
2) I have DeDRM 10.0.3 installed with Calibre 6.21 on my Mac. My Kindle's serial code is input in the custom panel of DeDRM.
3) I select Download & Transfer via USB at the Kindle's Digital Content page
4) I've imported the downloaded azw3 and azw files via my watch folder and by dropping it into Calibre.
5) DRM remains locked.

Has something changed since March that I'm not accounting for? One of the books in question was published in 2013 on Amazon.com, so it technically shouldn't be giving me issues, right?

There are currently 143 pages on this thread, so if I missed the relevant post that answers this question, could you point me to it? Thanks.

Last edited by Cootey; 06-23-2023 at 04:40 AM.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 05:05 AM   #2142
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
Should be fine. Are you sure you chose the Paperwhite when downloading? Ask over at the GitHub if you are still having trouble.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 01:30 PM   #2143
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Moderator Notice
It seems this thread seems to get more and more specific over time. Both in help being offered, and details being discussed. We (editors/mods) are partly to blame for letting it go so long, but it's time for a course correction. Please refrain from offering step-by-step help, and from discussing the technical details of Kindle's DRM technology (as well as the development of the tools necessary to remove it) here in open forum at MobileRead. Let's get back to posting links to where detailed help with DRM should take place. Thank you.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 01:39 PM   #2144
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
It seems this thread seems to get more and more specific over time. Both in help being offered, and details being discussed. We (editors/mods) are partly to blame for letting it go so long, but it's time for a course correction. Please refrain from offering step-by-step help, and from discussing the technical details of Kindle's DRM technology (as well as the development of the tools necessary to remove it) here in open forum at MobileRead. Let's get back to posting links to where detailed help with DRM should take place. Thank you.
I edited the original post to make note of this.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 04:36 PM   #2145
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Please refrain from offering step-by-step help, and from discussing the technical details of Kindle's DRM technology (as well as the development of the tools necessary to remove it) here in open forum at MobileRead.
I have edited my recent posts to remove some technical content, as much as I could given that some things were already quoted by others.