Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 03-30-2021, 04:41 AM   #16
Merithyn
Nameless Being

Alita user. But I guess all Boyue devices are much the same concerning battery usage.

It's fine even with Google Framework enabled... I usually read... I dunno 3 or 4 manga volumes per week on it and fill it once a week. Just don't forget to disable wifi and don't forget to close the apps you are not currently using. And I have auto shutdown after 3 hours. You don't want to have it in the sleep mode since it has more background processes than something like Kobo or Kindle reader which you can have in sleep mode practically the whole time with nearly no battery usage.

I usually download some books (few GBs) from my Calibre server and turn on wifi for few minutes and it burns trough like 20% of the battery just in that few minutes. As I stated in some of my posts I didn't see that kind of massive battery usage with wifi enabled on any of my phones so far. xD

Last edited by Merithyn; 03-30-2021 at 04:43 AM.
Old 04-01-2021, 08:46 AM   #17
patientxtr
Enthusiast
patientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it is

Device: Likebook Mars, Kindle 3(sold), Jetbook Lite (gave away)
With latest updates (android 8.1) I left mars and on standby it lasted a total of 30 days. With regular reading -aka reading 1 hour everyday- I get about 15-20 days (so android eats battery even if you don't use the device) Still much much better than stock.
patientxtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 07:43 AM   #18
mkmonkey
mkmonkey began at the beginning.

Device: K3 , KPW1 , OnyxT86ML , N72013
Hi all !

Just got my Mars updated to version 2021042314 few days ago .
With airplane mode on all the time , and no reading / operating the device ,
the battery only can last for one day !

Is anyone also facing the same issue ?
mkmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 07:57 AM   #19
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmonkey View Post
Hi all !

Just got my Mars updated to version 2021042314 few days ago .
With airplane mode on all the time , and no reading / operating the device ,
the battery only can last for one day !

Is anyone also facing the same issue ?
Did you reboot it?
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 08:46 AM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The thing is with Android devices, you really do need to know what processes to stop and how to stop them. There's some rubbish being run that you don't need that will use extra battery.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 09:20 AM   #21
mkmonkey
mkmonkey began at the beginning.

Device: K3 , KPW1 , OnyxT86ML , N72013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
Did you reboot it?
Already tried reboot / refresh the firmware but didn't help .
And , I've notice that the system will keep showing "charging" even
the cable is unplugged .
So I suspect that cause the power drainage .

And yes , the system keep show charging even I reset / shut down the device .
mkmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote