Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 05-01-2021, 10:59 AM   #1
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Ares Note 3.1.0 OTA broke font sizes in non stock apps

So I was on 3.0.4 and everything was fine but the new update came out today and looked nice, fixed a lot of bugs and added a floating nav button if you need it. But then I went to open apps like Moon Plus and all the fonts are screwed up as apparently the way they made their own reader app have more font sizing it seems was to tap into and break the rest of the font scaling in random places including any app that is expecting X font size to not be so large. I had to revert back to 3.0.1 then update in sequence back to 3.0.4 to get my apps good again. Here are some before and after images of just UI elements in Moon Plus as an example. Also I noted that you can also pick the font size in the normal android settings now to but they don't effect much as the stock default size is still to big now. I also tried setting the reading app to the lowest font size hoping it would change the other apps but nope. If they are gonna do this they need an area added to the already good optimization of apps to ignore the stock font scaling or something.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210501_072414.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	262.6 KB
ID:	186870   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210501_072512.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	314.3 KB
ID:	186871  
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 05:02 PM   #2
jospalau
Groupie
jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Ares
It happened to me too. But it doesn't affect the font while reading.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk
jospalau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 07:45 PM   #3
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jospalau View Post

It made my what would be 16pt fonts 23 ect lol. After doing a bunch of testing and realizing that my user data dumps were encrypted so after flashing fresh they are technically considered corrupt it seems. I'm just going to sit on 3.0.4 for now. It also made the recent list cut off as well just not worth the time to fiddle with it.
Old 05-13-2021, 02:38 AM   #4
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jospalau View Post

Sorry forgot to ask if it only affected that app for you, not any others? Also since your on it if you could in settings/feedback mention the issue to them that would be great. I would do it but I'm on the older firmware now.

Last edited by rvcjew; 05-13-2021 at 02:41 AM.
Old 05-14-2021, 08:47 AM   #5
jospalau
Groupie
jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Ares
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
Sorry forgot to ask if it only affected that app for you, not any others? Also since your on it if you could in settings/feedback mention the issue to them that would be great. I would do it but I'm on the older firmware now.
I only use it to take notes at the moment. All the time daily. It is my notebook and I enjoy using it. I also use Moon Reader+ from time to time since it is my favourite app and basically the reason I bought the Ares initially.

I don't use any other app to be honest. The menus are affected in Moon+ but the rendering of books is impressive specially using ChareInk.

I will mention to them. Not planning to use any other app though.

jospalau is online now   Reply With Quote