Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-03-2021, 02:55 PM   #1
cgrapski
Enthusiast
cgrapski began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Exclamation Bug: Dark Mode (Windows) Book Details Pop-Up Cover Background Not Changing to Dark

Hi,

This one I am certain is pretty simple. Dark mode seems to be working fine all around inside Calibre - with one exception.

The Book Info window - the Pop-up - not the one on the main GUI - is remaining light (white) for the background of the cover whereas everything else is changing to the dark mode color. While the cover background on the main GUI pane for Book Info is changing to the corresponding dark/light mode.

cgrapski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 03:18 PM   #2
cgrapski
Enthusiast

I was trying to share a screenshot to illustrate the above - but I don't seem to know how to do so. I thought it was pretty straightforward - but it doesn't like my images.

Also on a side note - re: Dark Mode in Windows - it would also probably be good to have the top window bar change to a dark bar in dark mode - to go with the rest of the window.

I think although my images may not be showing in the thread - that they can be followed as a link.
Old 05-03-2021, 03:20 PM   #3
cgrapski
Enthusiast

Link to Image on Dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ag9kq9mh5d...44806.jpg?dl=0
Old 05-03-2021, 05:47 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Moderator Notice
Moved out of Development. See the sticky at top of that sub-forum.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 05:57 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrapski View Post
I was trying to share a screenshot to illustrate the above - but I don't seem to know how to do so. I thought it was pretty straightforward - but it doesn't like my images.
In Advanced mode click the paperclip icon, after you've uploaded the images, you can click it again and you get a list of them, if you don't embed them in your post they'll be attached - either is fine by us.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 07:01 PM   #6
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I am able to confirm this.

I may be misremembering (or conflating it with ebook-viewer's image viewer) but I seem to remember a few versions ago it had a grey background instead of white.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-05-03 19_56_58-The Pomeranian Always Barks Twice.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	171.0 KB
ID:	186908  
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 11:28 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...37883c5b6ec7b1
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 11:45 PM   #8
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
And here's how it looks (I run from source )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-05-04 00_45_12-The Pomeranian Always Barks Twice.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	166.4 KB
ID:	186913  

Last edited by ownedbycats; 05-04-2021 at 06:13 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book info, bug, cover background, dark mode, pop up