Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 04-21-2021, 05:08 PM   #1
7cats
7cats began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire 8", Lenovo Nook 10"
SD card usage in new Lenovo Nook

We got the new Lenovo made 10" Nook, and installed a 256GB SD card in it.

It asked whether we wanted to use it for storage or transfer; we chose storage and it formatted it.

When we look at the Nook storage using Win Explorer on a PC, it shows ONLY the SD card, which is essentially empty. When we look at storage on the NOOK, it shows both the internal storage which is full and the SD card.

We called support, and they claimed the PC can't see the internal storage "to prevent viruses". They said we needed an "app" for the PC to transfer files from internal to SD, which was not where they said it would be, and when I found a reference to it on B&N, it claimed it was discontinued. We found a place in the NOOK settings which allegedly allows storage to the SD card, but it is grayed out and cannot be set. The FAQ does not mention any restrictions on it's use.

Ideally we would like the SD card to be used exactly like the internal memory, but we would be satisfied if we could move book/movie files from internal to SD either using the NOOK or hooked to a Win PC. Any hope?
7cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 09:10 PM   #2
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
I don't have the new Lenovo Nook tablet. But the previous Nook tablet was a pretty standard Android tablet.

When you use Files or My Files (a few Android tablets don't come with a Files app, but you can install one from the Play store), can you see both internal and the SD card? If so, you can move files that way.

And you should be able to use Windows Explorer to move files to the SD card. On my tablets, I move comics from Windows to the SD card.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sd card