Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 08-05-2020, 03:22 AM   #1
ilyats
Connoisseur
ilyats doesn't litterilyats doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook Muses T78D
Poor WiFi and bluetooth connectivity

WiFi and bluetooth connectiviity on my Muses suddenly started working only on small distance (Bluetooth connection to earbuds may fail even at distances <1m.) I installed apps for measuring WiFi and Bluetooth signal strength on Muses, and they show much lower values than I get when measuring by phone at nearly the same location. Measuring Bluetooth signal my computer gets from Muses shows reasonable values, so it must be a problem of receiver. Also, I think (not sure) Bluetooth problem started a couple of weeks later then the one with WiFi. My old LB Plus also has poor WiFi connectivity.

Has anybody else experienced such problems. Should I try to open Muses and clean it?
ilyats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 02:16 AM   #2
ilyats
Connoisseur

These are interiors of my old Plus. (I cannot charge it anymore due to faulty USB port). I wonder if the gray wire at the left side that got detached from the board may have served as WiFi and Bluetooth antenna.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210312_091158.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	588.0 KB
ID:	185873   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210312_085938_1.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	761.6 KB
ID:	185874  

Last edited by ilyats; 03-12-2021 at 02:34 AM.
Old 03-12-2021, 09:15 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
A WiFi aerial is about 1cm to 4 cm long folded metal or shaped PC tracks fed by a thin coaxial cable (an outer screen and concentric inner wire). That grey wire only for WiFi if it has an inner and outer pair of wires. I can't tell from the photos.

Cleaning would have no effect. If the aerial has come out of place or one wire is damged?
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 09:01 PM   #4
ilyats
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
A WiFi aerial is about 1cm to 4 cm long folded metal or shaped PC tracks fed by a thin coaxial cable (an outer screen and concentric inner wire). That grey wire only for WiFi if it has an inner and outer pair of wires. I can't tell from the photos.

Cleaning would have no effect. If the aerial has come out of place or one wire is damged?
The gray wire seems to be single wire, it has apparently been soldered to motherboard but got detached. It connected motherboard to the thing I am holding with fingers on the left photo, is this the aerial? (What else a single wire can serve for? I thought previously it was detector of opening/closing the cover.)

Update: the grey cable does seem to be coaxial one.

Last edited by ilyats; 03-12-2021 at 11:23 PM. Reason: More info added
Old 03-13-2021, 10:44 AM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
So the small PCB is an aerial and the grey wire is miniature coax cable, like on a TV set or satellite box, but much smaller!

The location of the PCB aerial can be important and they can come loose.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 02:49 AM   #6
ilyats
Connoisseur

[Solved]

I opened my Muses and figure out that the thing I was pointing with finger at the photo was the aerial. (If you try it, be sure not to lose the power button, it is tiny and falls out. Needless to say, If you try it I am not responsible for any damage you may cause.) The soldering of between it and the connecting wire had been broken. A kindly guy soldered it back for me and now the connectivity is normal. That guy soldered the aerial of my old LB Plus as well, but he was unable to fix its USB port, so I cannot test it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210313_141307.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	746.4 KB
ID:	186011  

Last edited by ilyats; 03-17-2021 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Better language