Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-21-2020, 10:34 AM   #1
dkccerbero
Connoisseur
dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Note2
"Homemade" setup. Note2 + Keyboard + OfficeHD: Textmaker

Hi! I am a teacher from Argentina and use onyx boox since N96ml. Today I have a Note 2 and I can read, grade and write papers like never before.

Direct link if the player doesn't work: LINK

Keyboard
App

In this time of Home office, the amount of hours reading were just possible thanks to this device. My eyes are grateful.
I have tried lots of setups over the years.
To grade papers, I work with drive and docs, the students share the documents and I comment them. Pretty straight forward. The device is awesome in google docs.
But I always have had problems to write a paper for instance. Google Docs app doesn't feel like a full office to me.
This year I found a full office app (OfficeHD: Textmaker) that works awesome in the Note2. It has a Free and a Paid version in the Google play. Is designed for android tablets. Works offline and also can connect with Dropbox, Drive, etc. It has the appearance and tools of a full desktop office and supports lots of settings.
And my brother give to me a foldable keyboard, Jelly Comb, purchased on Amazon. Is metallic, slim, lightweight resistent, and almost full in size. Awesome autonomy and with a trackpad! Works wired via microusb or wireless with bluetooth.
The "stand" is an improvised one. I couldn't find nothing that supports strongly the Note and that tall (in front of my face) so I tried this and works super. In the future I'll use better materials.
I am so happy, I recommend all this things to you.

Last edited by dkccerbero; 10-21-2020 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Update links and info.
dkccerbero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 10:44 AM   #2
dkccerbero
Connoisseur
dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.

Keyboard
App
Old 10-25-2020, 05:54 PM   #3
Crowriver
Groupie
Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many!
Good to hear your experience. I will shortly be using my Max 2 Pro to read and markup student drafts. Like you, I'm working from home and the prospect of reading thousands of words on my laptop was not an enticing one.

I have a Logitech bluetooth keyboard. I've been using Kingsoft Office for keyboard tasks, but recently discovered the basic version of Office HD Textmaker, and it seems a bit more at home on the e-ink display, faster and more responsive. So I may switch over to this. However Google Drive not playing nicely with it, says the app is not currently authorised...
Crowriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 07:14 PM   #4
dkccerbero
Connoisseur

Hi! Good luck! Max 2 has more screen size, should be even more comfortable.
That is weird. Drive works fine for me... May be entering from the browser (firefox or brave browser).
Did you install it from google play? All my apps are from f-droir or google play. The boox play store i didn't try yet.
Old 10-25-2020, 08:37 PM   #5
Crowriver
Groupie
Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, from Google Play. Drive not happy with the app though.
Not a big problem, just one of those things.
Old 10-25-2020, 10:00 PM   #6
dkccerbero
Connoisseur

Good luck! Maybe you can start a thread in this forum about that problem. The community is very cool!!
Old 10-26-2020, 10:42 AM   #7
Crowriver
Groupie

I think the blame lies with Google.
Anyway it's no biggie.
Old 10-27-2020, 06:43 AM   #8
lensmann
Zealot
lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura HD, Onyx Boox Max 2, ThinkBook Plus Gen 2
I'm currently using the Max 2 for the same purpose, i.e. to read and annotate student work. I've also encountered issues with Google Drive, but there's an easy workaround. The makers of DropSync also have an app for Google Drive, called Autosync for Google Drive, that does precisely the same thing as DropSync. It gets around the issue of Google Drive not liking some apps, as the apps no longer need to interface directly with Google Drive.
lensmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 09:37 AM   #9
dkccerbero
Connoisseur

I'll give it a try! Thanks!
Personally, never liked the way that drive arrange the icons layout of drive. Not en pc or Android...

Tags
bluetooth keyboard, note 2, note2, office, setup