Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-27-2019, 11:03 AM   #46
Squirsier
Addict
Squirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Sony: PRS-300, PRS-350. Kobo: Aura v2, Clara HD, Libra 2
Looks like pc21.fr will carry the sleepcovers, tho the links bring to a 404 page, here's a brief description :

Kobo LIBRA H2O SLEEPCOVER PINK. KBO0108 N873-AC-PK-E-PU, 23,48 € HT 28,17 €

Kobo LIBRA H2O SLEEPCOVER GREY (N873-AC-GY-E-PU )

Kobo LIBRA H2O SLEEPCOVER BLACK (N873-AC-BK-E-PU )

Last edited by Squirsier; 08-31-2019 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Typos
Squirsier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 11:13 AM   #47
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Sure. But unfortunately, I'm going off topic and talking about devices I already own, so I can't make them be USB C. I love my UE Roll speaker. But plugging it in to charge can be a challenge.
Yeah, I was thinking about new devices; micro usb versus usb c. I'll take usb c any day over micro usb.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 11:40 AM   #48
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
Yeah, I was thinking about new devices; micro usb versus usb c. I'll take usb c any day over micro usb.
Oh, me too. I already posted about that.

I've just never seen the reversible micro USB cords mentioned upthread.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 12:58 PM   #49
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirsier View Post
Looks like pc21.fr will carry the sleepcovers, tho the links bring to a 404 page, here's a brief description :

Kobo LIBRA H2O SLEEPCOVER PINK. KBO0108 N873-AC-PK-E-PU, 23,48 € HT 28,17 €

Kobo LIBRA H2O SLEEPCOVER GREY (N873-AC-GY-E-PU )

Kobo LIBRA H2O SLEEPCOVER BLACK (N873-AC-BK-E-PU )
That's one of the pages I found, yes. There weren't any photos, just the bare minimum info about the name and model number.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 01:10 PM   #50
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
I need to get some of those cords. Plugging in my micro USB devices, especially my Bluetooth speaker with the charging port in a funky place, is an exercise in frustration.
The last trio I ordered were from Amazon.com (JianHan Reversible Micro USB Cable). Oddly Amazon.ca has the same item but $9.99 US plus shipping and handling came out to a lot less than $38.02 Cdn. So far, they're working okay though my Aura HD is not all that happy with them but then it's not happy with most of my USB cable collection.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 01:20 PM   #51
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The last trio I ordered were from Amazon.com (JianHan Reversible Micro USB Cable). Oddly Amazon.ca has the same item but $9.99 US plus shipping and handling came out to a lot less than $38.02 Cdn. So far, they're working okay though my Aura HD is not all that happy with them but then it's not happy with most of my USB cable collection.
Thanks for that. I think I'll order them tomorrow.
Old 08-27-2019, 10:34 PM   #52
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Thanks for that. I think I'll order them tomorrow.
Also consider magnetic cables as alternative. You won't put any stress on the port even if charging frequently. If you share the same cable, you might need extra "nipples" for each device.

E.g.: https://smile.amazon.com/TOPK-Magnet...dp/B07MYJQKJ6/
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 04:45 AM   #53
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Oh, me too. I already posted about that.

I've just never seen the reversible micro USB cords mentioned upthread.
I've got some reversible Micro USB cords here (Silverstone). Mostly good. Everything charges okay on them, but our Kobo Aura One won't make a reliable data connection with it (sometimes works, sometimes gives comms errors), but the Kobo H2Ov2 (and various phones) works fine for both.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 06:58 AM   #54
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Also consider magnetic cables as alternative. You won't put any stress on the port even if charging frequently. If you share the same cable, you might need extra "nipples" for each device.

I'm using this with my Clara:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Love it!
Calenorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 12:04 PM   #55
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I too want to use the same cable on my phone and ereader. That's why I hope they won't change the connector.
Yep. If I bought an eReader with a USB-C connector that would be the only thing I owned that would have one.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 12:14 PM   #56
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
Quote:

Thanks, I've never heard of those; looks like a great idea. My electric toothbrush's battery is finally giving up the ghost so I ordered those cables along with a new toothbrush. My regular favorite USB C cables are Anker; red so I can more easily find them when they're not plugged in and they come with a strip of velcro for tidying.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 02:30 PM   #57
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Yep. If I bought an eReader with a USB-C connector that would be the only thing I owned that would have one.
Correction: If you bought an eReader with a USB-C connector that would be the only thing you own that would have one... for now.

USB-C is the future. Readers tend to last a lot longer than other tech, as you must know with your herd of Sony readers. So if you bought a new reader with USB-C, eventually it wouldn't be your only device with one.

I don't know why I reply to these. In the end, I really don't care if it has USB-C or not. It would be convenient for me, but it's not really an issue. I think my responses have more to do with being bored at work and not really wanting to do my job
Old 08-28-2019, 02:47 PM   #58
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:

Thanks for the suggestion. I went with the reversible. My biggest problem with micro-USB is charging my UE Roll speakers that have the charging port in a weird place with a big rubber hump in front of it. I'm worried the magnet cords would just pop off. Great speaker, but charging it can be a challenge, especially in a darkened room.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ue_roll_ports.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	242.3 KB
ID:	173154  
Old 08-28-2019, 06:42 PM   #59
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I’d like to see a wireless charging option. And wireless file transfer (BT 4.1 supports 24 Mbps). Then less need to deal with cables and adapters.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 07:10 PM   #60
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Correction: If you bought an eReader with a USB-C connector that would be the only thing you own that would have one... for now.

USB-C is the future. Readers tend to last a lot longer than other tech, as you must know with your herd of Sony readers. So if you bought a new reader with USB-C, eventually it wouldn't be your only device with one.

I don't know why I reply to these. In the end, I really don't care if it has USB-C or not. It would be convenient for me, but it's not really an issue. I think my responses have more to do with being bored at work and not really wanting to do my job
Correction to correction?— You may not know me all that well — I'm getting old and set in my ways... so I might not be buying many additional devices (besides old eReaders). I've already decided that, when Sprint stops supporting my 2013 Blackberry Q10, I'll probably get a flip phone (since I don't want Android or iOS). I usually buy used or inexpensive devices and I haven't seen many (any?) cheap tablets or cell phones that use USB-C. I think the first USB-C (HTC One) came out in December, 2014, so the technology is almost five years old and still not taking over the world. I think the Blackberry Storm was the first microUSB phone and it's almost exactly ten years old... so isn't it time for something more advanced than the USB-C? — (if these run on five year cycles).
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote